SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    San Francisco - gas station etiquette?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Francisco - gas station etiquette? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
Had to go to SF.

Stopped for gas. Two pump line. Two cars at the pump; neither pumping gas.

One dumb fucking group just jibber jabbering outside the car. Then get in the car and sit for a few minutes. Then start the car. Then another minute or two before they actually move.

Other car, dude was inside the store. Maybe paying. I doubt know what. But maybe both of these idiots could move to one of the several open parking spots away from the pumps?

I was carrying so didn’t want to say anything. Bunch of big dumb fucks so didn’t want to chance them escalating something. But holy hell.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13088 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Probably nothing to do with San Francisco. I see similar lack of consideration at almost any gas station.

Costco is a bit better, because the gas pump area is for that only. No convenience store, no restrooms, nothing to do there other than pump your gas and move on.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I see it all the time a C-stores. Pump some gas and head into the store for a leak and a six-pack or two. Them wonder out to the POS pickup and head out.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4275 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Probably nothing to do with San Francisco. I see similar lack of consideration at almost any gas station.

Costco is a bit better, because the gas pump area is for that only. No convenience store, no restrooms, nothing to do there other than pump your gas and move on.

My Costco has a gas station attendant outside directing people in their cars. always 5 cars deep waiting and about 12 rows of pumps.

But yeah, I see people dilly dally at normal gas stations and they're the absolute worst and no sense of urgency for anyone behind them.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I see this frequently at my local Wawa. I frequent this station because they are the closest station to me to have ethanol free gas. People "park" at the ethanol free pumps (to be fair the pumps dispense "regular" fuel as well) then amble on in to the store and proceed to get breakfast or lunch or a haircut...

Move your vehicle away from the pumps and park in front of the store you idiots!!!!! Common decency is a great idea.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Or stop at the first pump they come to while the last one on the Island is open.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
San Francisco - gas station etiquette?

I think, on this issue, we can give them a pass. Idiots like this are everywhere.

Posts: 28646 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The gas station won't do anything about it either. Follow the money.

Gas stations hope to make enough money by selling gasoline to pay the electric bill. They make their money in the convenience store where the mark-up is hundreds of percent (gasoline at the gas station is about 0.5%).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23660 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IN the summer it is worse here in AZ, I see idiots who just park near the pumps to keep car in the shade while they go in to store

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
I was at a Mobil station to the North of here recently where cars were parked in front of all 16 pumps.
No one was any pumping gas, they were all inside waiting in the order lines at the 'fast food' counters.
Plenty of parking spots everywhere else but nobody could get any gas due to these lazy, inconsiderate, jerks.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently observed at a gas station in St. Ignace:
1- Pump gas.
2- After filling tank, wash windshield.
3- Leave vehicle and go into store.
4- Casually browse the shelves before selecting chips.
5- Same casual browse of the drinks cooler.
6- At the cash register, try to write a check for purchase.
7- Bitch about the "no checks accepted" policy.
I was sorely tempted to take this person to task for this rude and inconsiderate behavior. But I kept my Zen like calm.
And several other of my fellow gas pumpers had no such calm and did a great job of verbal abuse.
FWIW, this offender was a female.
Locally these folks are known as "Trolls".

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16381 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
But if parked & paying cash, can't see 'moving' the car before paying? Seems like they would be Spring loaded to call in a runner. Yes, if paying at the pump I can see moving.

Posts: 6392 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
They make their money in the convenience store where the mark-up is hundreds of percent

This is very true.
When I was in the auto repair business, more than one gas station shut down their repair shop and opened a convenience store instead.
They made more money with less overhead.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No different than the drive thru atm. Come on, I saw you got all your shit out of the the machine, card, receipt, cash....now pull up and rearrange your wallet, purse, whatever on your own time. Just pull up 25 ft or so.....

No, no sit there, me and the two cars behind me don't have anything better to do.

My favorite are the people that don't get close enough to the atm and conduct their business with the door half open.

Posts: 223 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Recently observed at a gas station in St. Ignace:
1- Pump gas.
2- After filling tank, wash windshield.
3- Leave vehicle and go into store.
4- Casually browse the shelves before selecting chips.
5- Same casual browse of the drinks cooler.
6- At the cash register, try to write a check for purchase.
7- Bitch about the "no checks accepted" policy.
I was sorely tempted to take this person to task for this rude and inconsiderate behavior. But I kept my Zen like calm.
And several other of my fellow gas pumpers had no such calm and did a great job of verbal abuse.
FWIW, this offender was a female.
Locally these folks are known as "Trolls".

You did leave out- Select various scratch off lottery tickets. Scratch off several while standing at counter. Cash in two for Powerball (give your special powerball numbers instead of quick pick). Rummage around in your wallet, pull out an old ticket and ask the clerk to check it for you. Find out you won two bucks. Cash out ticket. Pull out more cash, and eventually change to pay for pack of cigarettes. Ask about more rare brand of off brand cigarettes. Pay for cigarettes. Start to amble off and realize you didn't pay for your fountain drink. Remove EBT card, pay for snack and fountain drink on the taxpayers of the Commonwealth.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37174 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
IMSH / ITCB
posted Hide Post
Oh Oh, and my all time favorite is the guy that puts the nozzle in his vehicle and then washes his entire car with the squeegee. while I sit there. waiting.

Posts: 150 | Location: base of the Blues.. S. E. WA. | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mindustrial:
No different than the drive thru atm. Come on, I saw you got all your shit out of the the machine, card, receipt, cash....now pull up and rearrange your wallet, purse, whatever on your own time. Just pull up 25 ft or so.....

No, no sit there, me and the two cars behind me don't have anything better to do.

My favorite are the people that don't get close enough to the atm and conduct their business with the door half open.
I use my horn. That's what Mr. Ford put it in the car for.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post