SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS Strikes Again!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS Strikes Again!!! Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
Miserable pieces of feces...

Ordered a new battery for my iPhone off of eBay on the 19th and it was shipped by the vendor in Marietta, GA on the 20th. As of today, the 24th, tracking shows the package is STILL sitting in Marietta, GA with expected delivery on the 28th!!! Mad

So... since expected delivery wasn't until the 28th, USPS thinks they can just let it sit there until the 27th before they throw it on a truck? I'm only a day away?!?

Miserable pieces of feces!!! MadMadMad
No wonder they're always running in the red... just wish they'd go under and we'd be done with them once and for all!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4577 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered something on amazon with prime on the 21st. It left their warehouse two hours from me. Got sent to the wrong post office. Then resent to main post office by me. It's already late. It left this morning then got redirected back to the main post office. It might be on the way to me tomorrow????

Two hours away into four days.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Throws some piece of trash in my yard daily, mostly something from her smoking habit.
Must be all the conservative mail I get daily?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
So...you bought it with the expectation that it would arrive on a certain date and because it's not arriving earlier than that, you're mad?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Was it even picked up from the seller?

When a seller makes a shipping label, it doesn't mean it has been picked up or dropped off for delivery. It's the sellers "intended" pick up date. They don't always follow through.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
So...you bought it with the expectation that it would arrive on a certain date and because it's not arriving earlier than that, you're mad?

Clearly you miss the point, and probably because you work for them!

The eBay ad gives a generic "delivery by" date to account for a coast-to-coast shipment. I am only 1, maybe 2 days max away via USPS under any normal circumstances. The seller shipped within 24 hours as promised according to the tracking info, but the package is still sitting in the shipping facility in Marietta several days later! THAT is what I'm upset about!!!

The seller did what they promised, so how hard is it for the USPS to put a tiny little package on their trucks along with all the other mail and send it over here to Madison, AL??? Apparently too hard for their little gov't brains to handle until their delivery deadline is upon them! Roll Eyes

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4577 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ASKSmith:
Was it even picked up from the seller?

<<snip>>

According to the tracking info... YES!

Bill R.
North Alabama

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Just checked tracking again and it made it to Madison, AL this morning around 7:30, and was scanned again at 8:30. Now to see how long it takes to actually get to my house...

Today? Monday? Tuesday as "promised"? Time will tell... Roll Eyes

Bill R.
North Alabama

The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Look at it from the long term picture. Sure, they could have gotten it to you early but then you would expect your next package to be early as well.

It is called managing expectations through consistency.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3848 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ This. Plus, if you can get your package in 2 days on their normal shipping fee, even though it is promised as 3-7 or whatever, there is now no incentive for you to pay for the more expensive expedited shipping they would like you to buy.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2734 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
LOL.... maybe so, but lowering expectations of an organization that is already in the toilet is really not a good idea, don't you think?

Maybe if they EXCEEDED my expectations a few times I might want to use them more and sing their praises instead of going online and bitchin' about them along with so many others... but no, that's just not likely to happen!

Just my opinion; nobody has to agree.

Bill R.
North Alabama

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Did the seller actually SHIP the item, or just generate the shipping label? You will get a shipping notice either way.

I'm not a giant fan of USPS either, but I fail to see what exactly they did wrong in this case.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
Did the seller actually SHIP the item, or just generate the shipping label? You will get a shipping notice either way.

I'm not a giant fan of USPS either, but I fail to see what exactly they did wrong in this case.

Read above... Yes, the seller handed it off to the USPS where it was scanned in, then it sat from the 21st until the 24th because they couldn't bother to stick it on a damned truck to the neighboring state! How can you NOT see that as an issue???

Bill R.
North Alabama

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Even accepting the premise that it laid on some corpulent USPS worker's desk for four days (which I don't), you are getting the item three-days ahead of when it was promised.

I think the seller lied to you about actually shipping the item.

Sorry that my suggestion that it was anyone OTHER than USPS's fault was so unsettling to you.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
Even accepting the premise that it laid on some corpulent USPS worker's desk for four days (which I don't), you are getting the item three-days ahead of when it was promised.

I think the seller lied to you about actually shipping the item.

Sorry that my suggestion that it was anyone OTHER than USPS's fault was so unsettling to you.

Well that would be an interesting trick considering I had the tracking update from the USPS showing they had scanned it into their facility! Care to explain how they could have lied to me and still had it when the USPS also had it???

You know, I'm less upset about how they handled this now than I am about the way some of you guys are blowing it off, and/or practically implying I have no clue what I talking about when I read tracking info from the USPS website!

I can assure you this, if the same thing had happened to most of you, you'd be on here bitching just as loudly if not more so!!! If you can't let somebody come in here and blow off some steam without jumping on them or ridiculing their concerns, then just keep out of it! Okay?

Bill R.
North Alabama

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
That's not how it works, brosef. You want to vent, be prepared to be disagreed with.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I oredered a Felco from Napa CA on Thursday and paid for 2 day USPS Priority Delivery.

The seller shipped it the same day, Thursday.

It was in my mailbox this morning.

That's 1,645 miles. 2 days. No problem.

I'm happy.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's not how it works, brosef. You want to vent, be prepared to be disagreed with.

My name isn't "brosef", and that IS how it's supposed to work! I didn't ask for your damned opinion... I came to vent! If you can't be supportive, then shut your damned mouth. That's the whole idea of venting... getting stuff off of your chest so you feel better; not having people dump on you because of it!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

posted Hide Post
I received a postcard regarding USPS service. It had lots of room for comments. I made lots of them. I am curious as to whether they will be read and any changes implemented at the local level. My complaints were limited to my post office box mail. Does anyone who works for USPS know the answer to that question? Thanks

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:

My name isn't "brosef", and that IS how it's supposed to work! I didn't ask for your damned opinion... I came to vent! If you can't be supportive, then shut your damned mouth. That's the whole idea of venting... getting stuff off of your chest so you feel better; not having people dump on you because of it!!