SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Our blood center has gone woke
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our blood center has gone woke Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
SUPPORTING THE LGBTQIA+ COMMUNITY
Do they screen for HIV?

There is a questionnaire that you fill out. I was told that some people donate to see if they are HIV, sex disease, etc.

I use to donate four times a year at one of the Fairfax Hospital Donation Centers. The people were always nice and I never had any problems.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I would certainly let them know how you feel and why you won't be donating with them.
There needs to be a clearly defined difference between discriminating and being cruel to someone vs just not wanting to be involved in the normalizing of the abnormal.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
I roll my eyes too when I see this kinda of public chest pounding, back slapping, and other self-congratulatory statements.
Fine. Roll 'em until they start smoking.

quote:
As I've gotten older, I've tried to treat everyone equally, regardless of your sexual preferences or orientation.
This isn't about equality. This is about controlling and conditioning, and I, personally, have about had my fill of it

quote:
Blood donation centers rely on regulars and a very small percentage of the general public (who is eligible) who donate whole blood, RBC, platelets and plasma.
Maybe they ought to take that into consideration before deciding to become part of the left's conditioning program?

quote:
Originally posted by TomV:
So from the linked article above.. Blood business is booming. Since 2014, U.S. blood exports have risen from 57,619 tons to 83,394 tons, a 144% increase.
So if my math is correct, we export almost 300 million Pints of Blood per year ??
Waitaminute! There are adverts on TV and "news" items urging people to donate blood, because there's a shortage, and we're exporting it?!?!

WTAF?!?!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post