SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    SAS Reassembly
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAS Reassembly Login/Join 
posted
Okay, I like my 365 SAS. I have a spare upper for it (minus RSA) so I can change it to traditional sights when desired. Okay, I used to be able to. I've had it apart perhaps ten times, but this last swap out was a nightmare. First, I tried a Wilson Combat grip, which I really like. It fit great and looked great BUT, it has a little hump right under the slide release. The slide release is very abbreviated. This is problematic and hard on the thumbnail. Problem two, if the takedown slot gets stuck in the wrong position, you have to push up the slide release while turning the takedown slot with a dime. Tried for an hour and failed. Wife tried for an hour and failed. Tried together for a half hour (went about as well as the bicycle for two idea.) Put it back on the original grip module and could not make it work. This morning I took it to a local shop who managed to fix it in a few minutes. Offered to sell it to them, no sale. I guess I'm just going to shoot it when I feel like it and lock the slide back to clean it. At any rate, the WC grip fit well on my NRA XL and it color matched perfectly. I'm leaving it there. My preference for a carry gun used to be a Commander length 1911 with an Officer's length grip. This has very much the same feel.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Probably not the same problem... but I had the same thing happen to me with one of my P226s.... could not get the feed ramp to sit in the right spot to save my life.... I finally had to walk away from it... but I did fix it. Went on line and watched some video and it showed the secret, now I can't remember what it was... .... sometimes the internet can be your friend.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I had essentially the same problem once with my 365xRomeoZero. I did something to screw up the slide release I think. Took me an hour to get it back together.

Anyway, since then I pay more attention and haven't had the problem again.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Did the Wilson grip module specifically say it would work for an SAS? I know Grayguns has the below on the page for their grip modules-

"P365 SAS – Our grip modules will work with the P365 SAS fire control unit. However, they do not have the same relief cut. Access to the slide lock lever is difficult without modification"

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The matrix indicates it will work. I had a friend put it back together. Took him about 45 minutes and some cursing. I'm not taking it apart again, I'll clean it with the spray and pray method. I put the grip on my regular 365.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:

Our grip modules will work with the P365 SAS fire control unit. However, they do not have the same relief cut.
I was under the impression that the FCUs are the same for all variations of the P365. Is that not correct?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The SAS is the same fcu but it has a flush fitting takedown lever I believe.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
The SAS is the same fcu but it has a flush fitting takedown lever I believe.
The "takedown lever" on the SAS is not a lever. It is just sort of a screw face with a slot that can be turned by a screwdriver or a coin. I have a P365 SAS that I am considering selling because this is such a pain in the ass, compared to the simple take-down and reassembly of the classic P2xx SIGs.

I have not tried to disassemble the P365 any further than what is required for simple clean and lube. Is the take-down an integral part of the FCU? Or, can the FCU be used in a non-SAS frame with a standard P365 takedown lever?

(Shouldn't this discussion be in the Pistol section?)

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It appears to be an integral part of the FCU. I see no way to change it. If I am wrong, please correct me. It is unfortunate, because I don't find the standard takedown lever a problem with pocket carry, and I like the other features of the SAS.