SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    PO BOX EXORBITANT fee increase
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PO BOX EXORBITANT fee increase Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
I can't understand the logic of charging me to pick up my own mail, but delivering it by hand to my house free.

Maybe if you ever had your mail stolen out of your curbside box you’d see the logic.

What's that got to do with them charging to hold my mail or delivering it to me for free? Is that what the PO Box charge is for? To stop my mail being stolen? Give me a break.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least FedEx proves it can actually be worse. How can such and impossibly awful business as FedEx remain running?

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 329 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post
I don't have a PO box, so I wouldn't know.
But I think this may be just another step in DeJoy's plan to ruin the USPS.
The working theory has always been that Trump appointed DeJoy as Postmaster general back in mid-2020 to disrupt the mail-in vote. From day one his "cost cutting" agenda has done nothing but hurt the Postal Service.
Just recently it was announced that regular 1st Class mail would go from its usual 3 day standard delivery to 5 days.
The democrats seem to be on-board with the plan as Biden hasn't replaced him. Most of Congress on both sides hate the USPS and want it gone.

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“Is that what the PO Box charge is for? To stop my mail being stolen?”

The post office’s buildings and lockboxes cost money to build and maintain. Additionally, the USPS is supposedly trying to make enough money to be self-supporting.

Lots of people prefer to have the security of having their mail locked up until it can be picked up, and are willing to pay for it. So yeah, in a way I guess it is a charge to keep our mail from being stolen. It’s an option. Options are good.

Do you believe the cost of the PO Boxes should be shared by everyone, even customers who don’t need or want that added security?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arfmel,

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Are you receiving a lot of physical mail, that cannot be sent via email? First, convert it.

Otherwise you might want to look into a mail forwarder service. Your mail is sent there, they collect it for you and you can pick it up, or have it forwarded to your location.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2838 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I don’t know if the above suggestion is directed at me or at the OP, but if it is for me, my home town has around 5000 inhabitants and has no alternative other than the USPS PO boxes or curbside delivery. And my PO Box costs $10/month, which I can easily handle.

And yes, we know about and use email and direct deposits where possible.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I don’t know if the above suggestion is directed at me or at the OP...

I was replying to the OP.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2838 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some in Congress told WGN News they spend close to 50% of their office time helping constituents deal with lost mail.

LINK: https://wgntv.com/news/chicago...ems-in-chicago-area/

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post