SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What is so hard about sticking to a schedule?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is so hard about sticking to a schedule? Login/Join 
posted
I admit this is a first world problem up front. I'm just tired of being fucked around and need to vent.

My employer supposedly works a weekly rotating shift. Walk in tonight to find out I'm getting bumped off my rotation again next week. Making my month out planned Dr's appointment a real PITA or forcing me to reschedule last minute, thus making me look like a fucking clown once again.
Mildly pissed as well as this is 6 of last 8 weeks on 3-11.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
What's the point of scheduling people on a rotating shift then if they could change at a whim?

I would suggest the schedule gets frozen say a week ahead at least. Rotating shifts are hard enough without it changing from what was scheduled.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Had a similar situation when I was in the National Guard. They put out a drill schedule for the year. then they would routinely change the dates to fit the needs of Senior officers. When you'd say "I already made plans" the response was always "you need to be flexible". One of the reasons I did not reenlist.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have considered the same course of action with my employer. They are not the only game in town any more and are also now on the low end of the pay scale for local manufacturing operations. I really don't have anything to lose besides some vacation time, but I LOATHE the idea of starting over as the FNG even if that's how it feels like I'm being treated where I am.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My schedule gets posted a few weeks in advance and then usually gets altered multiple times. Gotta love retail and unreliable little shits. If I have something scheduled or planned based on my original schedule then I tell the boss they gotta figure it out.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post