SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I hate companies that give you a tracking number but take weeks to ship an item
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate companies that give you a tracking number but take weeks to ship an item Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Just freakin stop it! Soon as the order is submitted they crank out a shipping label and send you a tracking number but you can never tell when your item might actually be shipped. It’s borderline fraud IMO.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Unless the item is build to order or something that is generally known to require some time between order and ship, I expect things to ship within one biz day or shortly thereafter.

Not shipping cuz it’s out of stock and no forewarning is fraudulent.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Come on, man, you don't expect Optics Planet to ship it until they receive it, do you? Razz

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's annoying.

Coincidentally: I just placed an order with TargetSportsUSA yesterday.

This morning I receive: "We are happy to inform you that your order *...* has been processed
and a *UPS* Label has been created."

Note they write "UPS Label" - not suggesting it's actually been shipped already. I like that.

Of course I'd like it even more if this was an actual "it's been shipped" notification Smile, but at least it's not misleading.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Come on, man, you don't expect Optics Planet to ship it until they receive it, do you? Razz

Yeah I knew someone would think OpticPlanet Razz

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Placed an order with Primary Arms at noon on a Friday, had shipping email at 3:30, thought "ya right"... received my package on Monday. Yes, Monday....I did order a scope with free shipping, didn't realize it was two day shipping.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I was tempted to buy several thousand rounds of .223 from Palmetto, and take advantage of Federal's current promotion. But, I saw that the rebate forms need to be sent in by April 30th, and I have serious doubts that Palmetto will ship it that soon.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Funny, I told them to cancel the order if it didn’t ship this week. Got notification today that it shipped with an active tracking number. Roll Eyes

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Ordered January 14, received today March 30. Flaviar is the company in question that couldn’t get anything right until I told them to cancel if it didn’t ship this week. Now I have my bottle of Rabbit Hole bourbon and they have one less customer due to their inability to offer much in the way of service. Didn’t even offer a discount or anything.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Is your order being shipped from China? Serious question. I bought something CHEAP, but then realized it was actually coming here on "a slow boat from China".

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The day Kentucky bourbon is shipped here from China is the day we’ve lost it all.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Durp...didn't see the post about it being whiskey. Yup...you're correct. The day Kentucky Bourbon is shipped from China, we're doomed. Love my Woodford Reserve... Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

thats the truth ordered a trijicon from them way to long to get it.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
They offered a $10 credit to the account I closed the day I received the bottle. Roll Eyes