SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A sure-fire formula for spiking my blood pressure
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A sure-fire formula for spiking my blood pressure Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
and testing the elasticity of my veins and vessels:

Ask me to do something, and then spend the next hour literally looking over my shoulder, telling me how to do it and nit-picking every detail.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15178 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

Ask me to do something, and then spend the next hour literally looking over my shoulder, telling me how to do it and nit-picking every detail.

You really should capitalize "And" if you are going to use it as the first word in your sentence.

Posts: 23224 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

You really should capitalize "And" if you are going to use it as the first word in your sentence.

That's true Ms. Grundy, but if you read carefully you'll note its a continuation of the opening remark I used as a title. Big Grin

Posts: 15178 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
But at least he didn't loose his temper.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
But at least he didn't loose his temper.

No, but it got annealed.

Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had the exact same problem. More than once I put tools down and told my wife that if she knew so much to do it herself. Then she would admit that she didn't know how to do it.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I was a lowly E-5 missile tech. Trying to get frequency set for a high profile Regulus launch, time crunch. The Leading Chief (Gunner's Mate, not a missile guy) was hoovering, giving me useless and incorrect advice.

Finally, much like molachi (above), I set everything down on the bench, told him "There's the manual. Have fun."

Walked out, encountered department head (Lt.) who asked with a smile, "All set?"

"No sir," I replied. "There's only room for one of us in the shop. Either me or the chief. He seems to think that he knows more than I do, so I'm letting him handle it."

Lt frowns, walks into shop, comes back out with chief in tow, tells me that it's all clear for me to finish the job.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30539 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
what gets mine elevated is the internet grammar and spelling police.... of course since I flunked freshman english twice.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's true Ms. Grundy, but if you read carefully you'll note its a continuation of the opening remark I used as a title. Big Grin

In that case the title should have had continuation marks..... Big Grin

Posts: 23224 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ellipsis... Please note THREE dots. Big Grin

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ya got me there. Odd too, as the ellipsis is one of my favorite punctuations, right after the comma.

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Ever try reversing the process on the missus? I did, asked her to do something then hovered and super-corrected. Went about as I expected, she balked at it, but she laid off for a while on the barking course corrections for chores I was assigned. For about a week, that is.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Ever try reversing the process on the missus? I did, asked her to do something then hovered and super-corrected. Went about as I expected, she balked at it, but she laid off for a while on the barking course corrections for chores I was assigned. For about a week, that is.

Yeah, once. Did NOT end well.

She fails to see the irony...

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
What gets mine elevated are the Internet grammar and spelling police. Of course, since I flunked freshman English twice...

FIFY Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
A sure-fire formula for spiking my blood pressure and testing the elasticity of my veins and vessels:

Make sure your wife doesn't read SIGforum. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26196 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Make sure your wife doesn't read SIGforum. Big Grin

Ohhhh Yeah! That's "Marriage 101" level stuff! Big Grin

Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I introduced my wife to the term “askhole” as she will ask me a question or how to do something, I will patiently explain, then she proceeds to ignore me or tell me how to actually do it as I am working. Repeatedly. 34 years together, and has never changed. you do NOT get used it, at least I don’t.

I have learned to have others tell her what to do / teach her. For example, she just came back from a range session with an instructor and starts to tell me about how she applied a few basic techniques and got her groups to tighten up. I swear I have told and shown her that no fewer than 10 times...but someone else she listens.

Feel your pain Wink

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I swear I have told and shown her that no fewer than 10 times...but someone else she listens.

I married her sister.....

hmm was that three dots or only five...
I seem to have lost track in this discussion
but being that this is SF and improper grammar could get your head blown clean off
you need to post one question.....

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I swear I have told and shown her that no fewer than 10 times...but someone else she listens.

I married her sister.....

As did I. Apparently they're all sisters...

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

So you're married, eh? Frown

What's equally unnerving is getting asked a question and there is only one answer they already know so why do they ask it in the first place.

Posts: 22851 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post