SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Possible Food Poisoning - Ugh
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible Food Poisoning - Ugh Login/Join 
posted
Ran an errand during lunch yesterday. Went through a McD's drive-thru and got a crispy chicken sandwich combo. Came back to work and ate it. The sandwich seemed okay, but the fries seemed to have a slight odor, like old / rancid oil they had been cooked with. Dumbass me went ahead and ate them. About an hour and a half later, the puking began. Puked twice at work, and left early. Just laid down and rested / took a nap. Wife gave me some flavored sparkling water around 6:30, but I puked again around 8:30. Luckily, I was able just drink water and keep that down, and slept without further puking, although I woke up several times. Came back to work today, only drinking water, and I feel like crap. I hate possible food poisoning.

Posts: 492 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If some Karen can sue for millions after spilling McD’s hot coffee in her lap, you ought to be good for tens of millions!

Posts: 1180 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
To the OP:

Long term food Managment dude here…

Typically it takes at least 3-4 hours to begin showing symptoms of food-borne illnesses.

Call your state Health Dept and let them know your concerns. At a place like McDonald’s, you would not be the only one sick. If there is a trend, they will pay a visit and then let you know.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP here. All the food I ate before lunch was a banana, a biscuit, and some coffee, hence the prime suspect being those french fries.

Posts: 492 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
We got it once from a local BBQ joint in Wilson NC. The one thing we all had was the coleslaw-they put it on the BBQ sandwich.
Two hours after eating, vomiting and diarrhea…my I’m laws had eaten with us and had left to go to Morehead City (beach). MIL called as they had just gotten into the hotel and we told them about our issues….they reported back and had the same w/I half an hour.

I called our doctor and she said we most likely had food poisoning and called in a rx
I managed to get to the corner pharmacy and get some zofran for the vomiting.

It was awful. Hope you get better soon.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11293 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Call McDonald's in Oakbrook IL,their HQ, an old girl friend is an SVP there believe it or not McDonald's can track everything delivered to their restaurants back to the original vendor and date of delivery, including what source and batch of food you consumed was from. The standards they set are stricter than the FDA and the corporate office takes that stuff very serious.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Call McDonald's in Oakbrook IL,their HQ, an old girl friend is an SVP there believe it or not McDonald's can track everything delivered to their restaurants back to the original vendor and date of delivery, including what source and batch of food you consumed was from. The standards they set are stricter than the FDA and the corporate office takes that stuff very serious.

Considering the potential liability and lost sales a bad event can cause, I can believe they're very serious.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19682 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post