SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Delta Pulled a Fast One on a Gift Card
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Delta Pulled a Fast One on a Gift Card Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
On December 11 I purchased a $500 Delta Airlines Gift Card for my Daughter as a Christmas Present. She lives 1,500 miles away and after Christmas she called and thanked us for the card.

Fast forward to yesterday when she was making some airline reservations. We are at her home so she pulled the gift card our and it's only for $150.00 - not $500.00.

Try and untangle this mess. American Express was no help as the transaction is over 60 days ago. Delta gives me some dude that doesn't speak english well enough to understand.

I'm gonna make some more calls today but what a PIA.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4227 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Delta did in fact charge you $500, that is what they should provide if you have proof of that.

I would think you should be able to obtain copies of all American Express billings at a minimum. If in fact Delta billed $500, they should be willing to rectify it even though American Express states it's beyond their (AE) disputing time period.

Tony

Posts: 315 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The good news is that Delta basically sold their soul to AMEX during the Covid nonsense, so you using an AMEX card will likely help.

Delta phone support since Covid has been absolutely worthless. They forced a lot of their long time employees to retire and since then they’ve hired a bunch of useless people who are working from home and have only the very basic traning. They can sell you a ticket, and sometimes figure out how to change one, but that’s about it. Even as a Diamond member the support I get is terrible, I can’t imagine what the normal customer gets.

Get the statements together and email delta at wecare@delta.com or use their website at https://www.delta.com/us/en/need-help/overview. Emailing is the only way to get anyone with real skill to help you anymore. It might take a few weeks but they should be able to help.

I know that sucks, but as a long time Delta frequent flyer that’s unfortunately the best advice I have.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
It looks like Delta finally sent a new card for the amount that I purchased originally. Case closed.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4227 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
sounds like a quick resolution. Good for you.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19675 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
It looks like Delta finally sent a new card for the amount that I purchased originally. Case closed.
Good! All's well, that ends well.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30687 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So what happens to the 150 dollar card? Just curious.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post