SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    FRONTIER AIRLINE SUCK!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FRONTIER AIRLINE SUCK!!! Login/Join 
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted
I have heard horrible stories before. But never experienced one myself, until last night. We are family of 4, traveling back from attending my stepdaughter’s graduation in Chicago. Last night, our flight was supposed to leave 7:55PM, O’Hare to Las Vegas non-stop. We got to the airport 5PM. Then they announced the flight will be delayed by 2Hrs. Fine. So we wait. New departure to be at 10:20PM. They started boarding 10:30PM. Fine. At least we will be back in Vegas 12:45AM. Everyone got seated. Door wasn’t being closed. A handicap person boarded last. We have been sitting at least 20mins. Then….. the captain made an announcement at almost 11:30PM. Thw flight was CANCELLED!!! Due to something about “Time Out”. Everyone got off the plane and rushed to the front ticket desk. It’s like a zoo.

My stepdaughter managed to re-book to another flight by calling the airline while we stood in line for the ticket agent. Booked for 6AM flight. But we first have to fly to Houston, TX. Sitting here waiting for the connecting flight to Vegas for 6:55PM.

I was tempted to purchase different tickets from United for today’s early morning flight. Ut the cheapest is $350 per person. And there are 4 of us. I am just praying the 6:55PM flight tonight don’t get cancelled. We spent the entire night last night in yhe airport. Too expensive to get a hotel room just to stay 3-4 hrs.

I will never use Frontier again in the future. I don’t care how cheap their tickets are (it was my stepdaughter who booked us the flight).

Posts: 1917 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that.

The crew timeout (not just pilot any more) is part of CFR.

However, it is aggravating when the pilot/crew times out due to the airline's ineptitude.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23638 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
All airlines suck. They all treat their customers like shit.

Yet another "favor" that Jimmy Carter did for us in 1978. Airline deregulation. That, and the consent decree that broke up the Bell System in 1982, have resulted in some of the biggest source of consumer complaints: airline travel, and telephone service.

I am not a proponent of government regulation of private industry, but airlines and phone service providers have stepped all over their customers and there is no organization keeping their abuse in check.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31370 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Im sure it is not the pilot’s fault. I saw him arrive at the airport before the original departure time. The plane that was going to Vegas was delayed in departing Atlanta. I observed and overheard him talking to the Frontier manager on duty, asking why he cant fly the plane parked at Gate next to ours. Not sure how that goes. He was very apologetic when he made the announcement. He was there early, ready to fly. But there was no plane.

Posts: 1917 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
FA: "Oh NO! We Suck again!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44441 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
It's an FAA rule, 10 hours max for a flight crew, which means he's there but with taxi and flight time it will exceed the 10 hour maximum, so they would need a new crew.

Lots of reasons, maintenance, delays on crew coming in, weather, pattern holds, just part of the glamorous life of air travel!

Posts: 24203 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ever see videos from the 50's and 60's where men wore a suit and tie and women wore a dress and white gloves to get on a plane? The last time I flew a couple women
were wearing their pajamas and took off their crocs or flip flops. The girl sitting next to me stunk. I'll never fly again.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allegiant flew my wife & her friends to Panama City from Cincinatti. Plane circled & returned to Cincy. Couldn't land...fog.

If you fly enough...they all suck. Some just suck less often than others.

Posts: 223 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
All airlines suck. They all treat their customers like shit.

Yet another "favor" that Jimmy Carter did for us in 1978. Airline deregulation. That, and the consent decree that broke up the Bell System in 1982, have resulted in some of the biggest source of consumer complaints: airline travel, and telephone service.

I am not a proponent of government regulation of private industry, but airlines and phone service providers have stepped all over their customers and there is no organization keeping their abuse in check.

Sorry but ticket prices were much higher back then on a real dollars basis and flying was out of the question for most Americans. Sure it was nice, but it was unaffordable.

The fact is now people get what they pay for, and they consistently try to get the lowest possible ticket cost. If you shop only on price, then you get Wal-Mart level quality and service.

If you want better service, pick an airline that hubs near where you live, join their frequent flyer club, get their credit card, and fly them exclusively. Even if you don't fly that much you are still much higher in priority than the average lowest-cost flyer when something goes wrong. Yes it will cost more than always going for the cheapest ticket, but then you get what you pay for.

And the Bell system? We would never have had the rapid advancement in cell phone service and phones if the Bell system was still in place. Competition brought rapid advancements. Even less than 20 years ago Blackberry was dominant in smart phones and figured out how to move data over slow networks. The iPhone and competition killed Blackberry and the demand for data speed has resulted in the moves from 2G to 3G to 4G LTE to 5G.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4913 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post