SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What's worse than USPS?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's worse than USPS? Login/Join 
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
FedEx Ground is garbage-tier shipping.

This^^^^^

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Argh. Have not received mail in nearly a week; same with the neighbors.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
FedEx Ground is garbage-tier shipping.

This^^^^^

I just don't understand this.

I ordered on Amazon a new anti-freeze/coolant tester. Sold by Amazon, shipped by Tool Tech. They seem to be in short supply right now.

It was shipped out of Dallas by a company named Tool Tech. It's 190 miles from Dallas to OKC, 3 hours, I used to drive it all the time and still drive it somewhat regularly. It's nothing.

The package left Arlington TX (Dallas) on Fedex Ground. It should have arrived in OKC about 3 or 4 hours later.

It went to Grove City Ohio. Weird, but I figured they'd fix it and send it to OKC. They didn't.

It went from Ohio to Hunker Pennsylvania. Weird again.

I double checked the original order on Amazon. Ship to ME in OKC. Crystal clear.

I contacted the seller/shipper Tool Tech.

They replied that it was LOST per FEDEX Ground. Really weird. I see the tracking number.

It was delivered today in Hunker PA.

Just sitting here shaking my head in disbelief. Flabbergasted really.

Checked again, was told it was LOST by FEDEX Ground.

It's not lost, it's got a tracking number. Good chance the shipper screwed up. At least FEDEX Ground got it someplace and delivered it. Beats me.

Beats me, I don't know but I wonder if the wrong box got mislabeled.

Anyway, my money was refunded to me.

I'd really rather have a new anti-freeze/coolant checker of good quality.

Everybody screws up, everybody points the finger at somebody else. No one cares to listen and understand wtf is going on. Business as usual.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They all pretty much suck. Amazon is our worst

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Now, see... Amazon is pretty much dead on reliable around here. Sure, every now and then there's a shitty driver who tosses packages, leaves them in pouring rain, or just doesn't deliver on the day promised, but 95% of the time, Amazon is GTG. It's probably largely to do with the fact that we have several distribution centers within a 50 mile radius and can get a ton of stuff same-day or next.

And, to give credit where credit is due, although USPS screwed us over last week with one incoming package delayed from Friday until yesterday and one outgoing Priority Express delayed from guaranteed Saturday delivery to today, they didn't give me a hard time or try to use the weather excuse when I made a claim for a refund of the full $87 I paid to have it shipped Priority Express, and I expect a check within the next week or so.

That's in stark contrast to UPS, who delayed two other incoming packages due to "mechanical difficulty", which then caused them to be caught up in the weather delays, which is what UPS is now arguing caused said delay in delivery (from last Tuesday morning, as scheduled, to just yesterday afternoon).

Overall, I've been screwed over less by FedEx (the real FedEx, not ground) than anyone else and on the RARE occasion they've dropped the ball, they've actually responded with shame and embarrassment.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yes!

Fuc*dEx is the absolute worst.

I started asking my suppliers to stop using Fuc*dEx since they are 0 for 3 recently.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post