SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sorry, but your proof of insurance doesnt count as your proof of insurance
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sorry, but your proof of insurance doesnt count as your proof of insurance Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
On my way to work one evening . Driving a little too fast and was stopped . I stepped out of the truck with my license and registration in hand to give to the Officer . I forgot the Insurance card . Officer asked for the proof of Insurance and I told him " It's in the console and there's a handgun in there , " He said not to worry about it , he could verify it himself . I guess not having a flag on my license is sort of proof .

Posts: 4060 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KS LEO will accept, physical card, Phone app verification. Dispatch can verify insurance with some states, but two of the most common are Nebraska and Texas, those do not verify. No proof and you are most likely to receive a $300 citation.
Our municipal court will usually dismiss the ticket if you can show the court that you had coverage on the date of the citation.

Posts: 423 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
but two of the most common are Nebraska and Texas, those do not verify. No proof and you are most likely to receive a $300 citation.
Our municipal court will usually dismiss the ticket if you can show the court that you had coverage on the date of the citation.

Wish may state would ticket more for people that don't have insurance and if you are in an accident and don't have insurance it should be automatic suspension of your license. If you dont have a license and drive, get 30 days. Follow the rules.

Posts: 163 | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Louisiana cop wrote a no insurance ticket because the driver did not have the "card" in his possession but produced the actual policy page with all of the correct info but the officer refused to accept it.. So the driver went to court and the judge gave the officer in question a nice long butt chewing for not accepting the actual policy page vs the "card".... ...................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2010 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
On my way to work one evening . Driving a little too fast and was stopped . I stepped out of the truck with my license and registration in hand to give to the Officer . I forgot the Insurance card . Officer asked for the proof of Insurance and I told him " It's in the console and there's a handgun in there , " He said not to worry about it , he could verify it himself . I guess not having a flag on my license is sort of proof .

I listen to our LA LEO's on the radio. Most or if not all can run you on the computer to see if you have valid insurance

Posts: 13021 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
Louisiana cop wrote a no insurance ticket because the driver did not have the "card" in his possession but produced the actual policy page with all of the correct info but the officer refused to accept it.. So the driver went to court and the judge gave the officer in question a nice long butt chewing for not accepting the actual policy page vs the "card".... ...................................... drill sgt.

When and where was that?

Posts: 13021 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Since NM doesn't accept the electronic card, I got a ticket for that. The officer even told me, just show up to court with your card and it will be dismissed.

Then, WHY THE FUCK are you wasting my time, the court's time, and all of this time/taxpayer money giving me a goddamn ticket for it??

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:

When and where was that?
^^^^^ Actually happened in Baton Rouge, La. approx 10+ years ago....................drill sgt.

Posts: 2010 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post