SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Credit Card Company
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Credit Card Company Login/Join 
posted
First, some clown steals my credit card number and orders nearly 5K in furniture. That was declined and new card was received in two days. Then it gets better, I go to check and charge was still there. I called the company and they said we will have to issue a new card. This happened in less five days. Can someone give me clue to what is going on?

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Is the change listed as pending? I've been through this before, and the way things worked out in the past is that the charge gets written off sticks around as "pending" for a few days (or until the current billing cycle ends, whichever comes first).

My favorite one to deal with was Costco Citi, whose CSR told me I had to wait for the charge to post before I could dispute it.

Either it posts and you dispute, or you dispute and the pending charge just sort of drops into oblivion. These were my experiences.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not that worried it will be resolved. It’s all ready being worked. It’s just the frustration of it happening in such a short period. When I worked for the federal government, it was not rare a bunch of us would have issues with our cafeteria. Needless to say, we didn’t go back for a few years. This was at an intelligence agency.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Like many I’ve had a similar occurrence. I had the fraudulent charges, alerts triggered, cancelled & reissued. After all that the charge lingered, don’t know if labeled ‘pending’.

I had auto-pay set up to pay my complete CC bill. I watched it for a while then called them back. It was explained to me that the separate ‘fraud’ department is the one to remove the charge from the bill. The person I was talking to was not able.

I explained my auto-pay, I also said if this wasn’t removed soon(bs charge easily disputed, caught early), I would close my account & send nastygrams everywhere.

The charge was removed soon afterwards.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I've had fraud charges linger for days, but they eventually disappeared. Nothing to worry about. What doesn't make sense to me in OP's case is, that fraud furniture charge was from the original CC. So, there was no logical reason to cancel the new card that he just received, which has nothing to do with the fraud charge, and issue him another new card. Just makes no sense. The only reason to issue another new card is that the first new card was hacked and already had a new fraud charge on it. But, I don't see any mention of that.

Q

Posts: 26351 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I've had fraud charges linger for days, but they eventually disappeared. Nothing to worry about. What doesn't make sense to me in OP's case is, that fraud furniture charge was from the original CC. So, there was no logical reason to cancel the new card that he just received, which has nothing to do with the fraud charge, and issue him another new card. Just makes no sense. The only reason to issue another new card is that the first new card was hacked and already had a new fraud charge on it. But, I don't see any mention of that.

That was my understanding of the situation as well, hence my question re: pending charges.

Or, it's possible the new card was immediately compromised, in which case I'd have to start questioning all the places I use my card.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have had several fraudulent charges on a Barclay CC over the years, the largest one for over $14K. They send a replacement right away but always advise that they’re “looking into” the charges reported as fraudulent. Those stay as pending until the new card gets activated and then disappear. That gets followed up by a letter saying they concur that the charges I reported are fraud and that I don’t owe them. Seems kind of convoluted, but I guess that’s their process.

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
The biggest pain for me when I get a replacement card due to fraud is having to change the card on the accounts I use the card on for autopay.

One card though automatically switches all my autopay on their end. What's interesting is that I didn't set up the autopay on the credit card's end but on the supplier's end and, yet, the credit card company was able to do this.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The basic problem is fixed. Now, the earned points for purchasing things does not show. This is a minor problem. But, I will not let this problem go unanswered.

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
The biggest pain for me when I get a replacement card due to fraud is having to change the card on the accounts I use the card on for autopay.

One card though automatically switches all my autopay on their end. What's interesting is that I didn't set up the autopay on the credit card's end but on the supplier's end and, yet, the credit card company was able to do this.

I had the same problem. I solved it by putting all my autopay bills on a new card that I keep in my safe and don’t use for anything else.I also have it on auto draft from my checking account. That way it’s as secure as I can get and I still get my miles!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My PSECU credit card expires at end on this month.

I get an email today from them that tells me my new C.C. may not reach me in time due to COVID, shortage of material in time, lack of help, dog ate the paperwork, etc...

Shortage of plastic, really?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post