SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What's up with CL?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's up with CL? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I've responded to a number of ads on craigslist over the past several months. Never any response. Some ads sit for weeks and so I try again - never hear from the seller.

Is something up with CL? Is this typical behavior now? Is there some sort of scam I should know about? Should I flag unresponsive posts?

Once or twice, I understand. But every item I've inquired upon for months?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
They probably think you're a cop or something. All a little paranoid about answering ads after Casual Encounters was taken down.

Big Grin

(You had to know it was coming...)

On a serious note, I'm trying to sell a bunch of furniture and can't get a bite. If you want to buy my furniture, I PROMISE I'll answer.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've had ads, as a seller, sit for weeks with no traffic, then get an email or two.
Sometimes the inquiry takes days to respond.

Not sure if that's on the respondent's side, or if the CL email relay has a delay built into it.

Have a grill on there now, 1 bite, but he takes a couple days to respond to each message.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I tried to buy a steel filing cabinet off Craigslist. The only seller (of three) who responded to my query stood me up when I drove halfway across San Antonio to pick it up.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
hopefully not for a fully loaded Honda Accord Coupe, because I haven't received anything. Razz

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Usually sold their stuff and were too lazy to delete their ad.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Craigslist has really tumbled in the last 5 years. More went to Facebook marketplace, though they’ll try scams there also.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post