SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Adobe, the worst conglomeration of feces there is.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adobe, the worst conglomeration of feces there is. Login/Join 
posted
thanks to my wife, I am enjoying taking photos again. I was just sticking with JPGs because in the number of photos i tend to shoot raw sucks ass.

Years back i had a hate, hate relationship with photoshop and Lightroom. Adobe at least in my builds is a resource hog, registry fucker upper, and a royal pain in the ass.

Well, I decided to pick up their new Lightroom CC and use it with their mobile app. I did the trial, everything seemed to be going well. Signed up via debit for their 9.99 a month program.

I had to skedaddle to pick up my kids yesterday. Turned the cpu off. When i got home I turned it back on, all the folders, edits, photos imported are not there. like 6 hours of work. WTF. Do a quick web search. No other dl, no other programs used or updated.

I do the recommended restart on the CPU. Poofda. Every fricken program on my desktop does not work. google chrome will not open. I can not even get win 10's uninstaller to work. The back up does not work, nor safe boot. Do a tripple check for viruses via my usuall. Nothing.

Nope adobe fubarred the registry. 6 years later and the fucktards still cant get it right.

So I do a reset, reinstall all my apps starting with virus and malware. Get everything back up and running. Check my email. Adobe declined the purchase because my billing information was incorrect.

quote:
Incorrect billing info

We are unable to approve your transaction at this time.

There are a number of reasons for order failure, among them errors in the payment information, or billing address, or an inaccurate email address. If you have verified your information and are still unable to place your order, please contact Customer Service and order by phone. Call 800-585-0774.

Okay, whatever. I mosey on over to PayPal, prepay for the service for a year. Poof, I am sent the same damn email.

I Get on chat for the better part of an hour and half. Yes, it took the wonder child up to 10 minutes between replys.

quote:
Monisha: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Membership Services.

Aaron Kimpton: hello,

Aaron Kimpton: I am having an issue paying for adobe

Aaron Kimpton: I tried the monthly light room cc yesterday, and the above photo shop Lightroom plan today. Everything seems to go through via paypal, but not on adobe's side.

Monisha: I understand, you want to know about the plan charges, let me help you with that.

Aaron Kimpton: ?

Aaron Kimpton: this happened yesterday

Aaron Kimpton: Your cancelled order Adobe ID: 3lgautodetail@gmail.com Order number: ADB048155000 Ordered: December 19, 2018 Lightroom CC plan with 1TB (one-year) (Annual plan, paid monthly) US$9.99 / mo Subtotal: US$9.99 / mo Tax/VAT: US$0.00 / mo Total: US$9.99 / mo

Monisha: Aaron, as I can check, there is no active subscription under this accouont.

Aaron Kimpton: as i stated, I have tried to pay twice for two different versions. via paypal. and via CC. Neither have shown up

Monisha: May I know the first 6 digits, last 4 digits of the card, name on the card, date of charge and the amount to locate the charge for you?

Monisha:

Aaron Kimpton: ****** **** would have been the 9,99 monthly

Monisha: May I know the date of charge as well?

Aaron Kimpton: yesterday

Monisha: Thank you for the information.

Monisha: let me locate the charges.

Monisha: Thank you for being connected.

Monisha: Aaron, as I have checked, the amount has been unauthorized by your bank.

Aaron Kimpton: Oh?

Aaron Kimpton: it says pending when i look online

Aaron Kimpton: what address do you have on file for me. It should be

Aaron Kimpton: aaron and **** ********

Aaron Kimpton: *************

Aaron Kimpton: *********

Monisha: Let me check that.

Monisha: Aaron, thank you for being connected.

Monisha: Yes, you are right.

Monisha: The address is correct.

Aaron Kimpton: i wonder why it is not working. hmm. The paypal did not go through either?

Monisha: Yes, you are right.

Aaron Kimpton: any insight as to why it is not working?

Monisha: Aaron, as I have informed the payment did not go through as it is showing unauthorized by your bank and that is the reason the order did not go through.

So, now i have 4 payments pending. Oh, i also tried paying with paypal balance. well, that did not work. Same failure email.

Giving up on their crap test, i figure 4 attempts to give them money, and one sabatoge of my cpu should prove i have 0 need for adobe. I decided to uninstall the fuckfest.

So, i go into uninstall. Click on uninstall adobe cc. It will not uninstall. It says i have apps open and installed.

So i go down and uninstall lightroom cc. (which i had just downloaded again after the install) 45 fucking minutes to uninstall this piece of shit.

I rebooted, went back and clicked on uninstall adobe cc. (the app system for lightroom cc) Nope, i have apps installed or running. WTF. Open up task bar, select every adobe shitfest and close it down. Nope will not uninstall.

boot in safe mode, uninstall that way.

What a fucking day.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Adobe products were expensive when they were standalone products. Since they went to subscription services, they’ve become V-E-R-Y EXPENSIVE! I hope they fold and nobody will buy their technologies to help bail them out. Stupid doesn’t cover it.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adobe pesters me to update. Nah.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Adobe

THen who do we like, if it isn't Adobe Photoshop?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I've spent much of my adult life deep in the software industry in almost every facet.

As a professional, software as a service and subscription models are awesome.

As a consumer, I detest them to my marrow.

Also, fwiw, Photoshop from 10yrs ago (or the like) was good enough back then and still works fine, and installs from one CD and you're done.

Things were better for users back then.

I can't stand 90% of the direction most of the tech industry has gone these last several years, but I'm just as guilty of causing it in some ways because that's what I'm paid to do.

Sorry man.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I've spent much of my adult life deep in the software industry in almost every facet.

As a professional, software as a service and subscription models are awesome.

As a consumer, I detest them to my marrow.

Also, fwiw, Photoshop from 10yrs ago (or the like) was good enough back then and still works fine, and installs from one CD and you're done.

Things were better for users back then.

I can't stand 90% of the direction most of the tech industry has gone these last several years, but I'm just as guilty of causing it in some ways because that's what I'm paid to do.

Sorry man.

Smile

You are off my kwanza list

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Adobe

For my photography I've been using ON1 Photo Raw 2019. It's a slightly different workflow than Photoshop/Lightroom, but 'm liking much better. I've had much better service from them. They have a YouTube channel & recently had a 10 episodes live events recorded & then posted. You can even migrate from Lightroom. Disclaimer - I'm just a user of the software.

ON! YouTube channel

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I picked up Affinity Photo. One time purchase that is way more capable than I.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard good things about Affinity. I believe Adobe will eventually rue the day they went with a pricing model that effectively excludes the casual user consumer market. It opens the doors to alternatives.

Hey, look at that, Affinity Photo is 20% off for Christmas, making it a one-time $39.99.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/desktop/

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Adobe

For my photography I've been using ON1 Photo Raw 2019. It's a slightly different workflow than Photoshop/Lightroom, but 'm liking much better. I've had much better service from them. They have a YouTube channel & recently had a 10 episodes live events recorded & then posted. You can even migrate from Lightroom. Disclaimer - I'm just a user of the software.

ON! YouTube channel

Years ago the was a program called raw shooter essentials. Rse that used a very similar logo. 99 bucks free updates for life. Adobe bought it after 3 years. Tweaked it a bit and Called it lightroom . Rse had better workflow than lightroom, as lightroom was full of bloat. I wonder if it is the same group?

I am giving the trail a go.

I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

Years ago the was a program called raw shooter essentials. Rse that used a very similar logo. 99 bucks free updates for life. Adobe bought it after 3 years. Tweaked it a bit and Called it lightroom . Rse had better workflow than lightroom, as lightroom was full of bloat. I wonder if it is the same group?

I am giving the trail a go.

You got me curious, so I did a little research. RSE came from a company called Pixmantec which was headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. Adobe bought Pixmantec's technology in 2006.

From their website, ON1 is a privately owned company founded in 2005. Are they associated?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm probably repeating myself...

Adobe used to be a pretty good software company. But, ever since about the time they acquired Macromedia, the original makers of Flash and Dreamweaver, they pretty much started sliding into software mediocrity, IMO.

Flash always was a vulnerability-riddled piece of shit. When Adobe acquired Macromedia I'd hoped they'd line Macromedia's developers up against a wall, shoot them all, then set their own developers to either fixing Flash or killing it.

Instead: Whatever mediocrity virus that had infected Macromedia's developers soon infected Adobe. Flash never got any better, and, instead, Adobe's products got worse. Consider, from one of my recent security bulletins:

quote:

Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018

Title: Adobe fixes security flaws in Acrobat, Reader
Description: Adobe released security updates for Adobe Acrobat and Reader on Windows and MacOS. In all, the company released patches covering 88 vulnerabilities. There are two critical bugs that an attacker could exploit in order to execute code in the context of the current user.

Ref: Security Bulletin for Adobe Acrobat and Reader | APSB18-41

88 vulnerabilities.

Of all the security vulnerabilities I see announced, the two names that pop up most frequently are Microsoft and Adobe.

In the last 2-3 years of my employment, we'd hired a technical writer who insisted she had to use Adobe software. That led the IT Dept. to having to deal with Adobe's brain-dead software licensing system. I hated it with a passion.

I don't believe there's a single piece of Adobe anything running here at the ensigmatic household, and I plan to keep it that way.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the day, the boogie man was Quark. Adobe then took up the mantle.

I got the full subscription for ID and PS only(!) Sucks when you do 1099s.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I’ve heard good things about Affinity. I believe Adobe will eventually rue the day they went with a pricing model that effectively excludes the casual user consumer market. It opens the doors to alternatives.

Hey, look at that, Affinity Photo is 20% off for Christmas, making it a one-time $39.99.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/desktop/

That's what I paid. I also put it on my ipad for a reduced price.

There are tons of tutorials availabled online to educate and amuse.

I also went with CorelDraw over Illustrator. I never looked back.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased the CS5 version for an astronomical amount, years ago. 6 months later, they released CS6.

I primarily used Premiere Pro but frequently utilize Photoshop. I may never use many of the features that I have at my fingertips.

While 4k video may be nice, I can't foresee it becoming a requirement for my YouTube productions. That said, I will NEVER upgrade to Adobe's ransom subscription model. CS5 is stable and has enough of the features I need to produce content indefinitely.

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of all the security vulnerabilities I see announced, the two names that pop up most frequently are Microsoft and Adobe.

Isn't that a bit like saying the most frequent recall notices I see of American Auto Manufacturers, Ford and GM have the most...... Razz

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so i sat down and did a bit of fooling around in ON1.

It picks up pretty well. Tons of videos and tutorials on it on their main homepage.
First attempt at doing something other than clicking auto in 10 years or so.

Compression sucks, My son at his winter concert.

A couple of shots worked on, you can find the other originals elsewhere here on sig forum.

I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
so i sat down and did a bit of fooling around in ON1.

It picks up pretty well. Tons of videos and tutorials on it on their main homepage.
First attempt at doing something other than clicking auto in 10 years or so.

Compression sucks, My son at his winter concert.

It took me some time to get the hang of it; but once I got the hang of of making local adjustments & effects using masking techniques my output improved.