SIGforum
The pepperoni goes on top of the cheese.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/5540031874

December 30, 2020, 05:27 PM
frayedends
The pepperoni goes on top of the cheese.
New pizza place opened and we heard good things. Small menu, thin crust (which I prefer). Only 1 guy running the place and he is just making our pizzas when we walk in. We were told 30 minutes and he hadn't even started making them until past that time. Oh well things can get busy.

I was watching and didn't catch on until it was too late, he put pepperoni and then cheese over the pepperoni. WTF. The entire point of pepperoni on pizza is so it gets crispy. Raw soggy pepperoni was not good. I had to let it cool, peel off the cheese/roni layer and broil it.

Can 2020 get any worse? Ugh. Wink

These go to eleven.
December 30, 2020, 06:16 PM
sigmonkey
Yep. Like frank over beans.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
December 31, 2020, 08:32 AM
triggertreat
On pizza I like meat under the cheese and as for franks they need to be mixed with the beans. PS I like ketchup on my hotdogs and my chili has beans Smile

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!
December 31, 2020, 08:44 AM
BigSwede
It goes under and over

December 31, 2020, 08:59 AM
sigarmsp226
I am a pizza expert (in my house) and you never ever put the pepperoni under the cheese or it will not provide the flavor to the pizza and for the most part is under-cooked (I know it comes ready to eat out of the package) but what is pepperoni without the little guys becoming a little wavy or cupped shaped with crispy edges and holding that precious pepperoni grease in its cupped status.....
December 31, 2020, 09:19 AM
bdylan
Unacceptable.
December 31, 2020, 10:17 AM
ZSMICHAEL
I like my peanut butter sandwiches with the spread on the outside. Seriously, who puts cheese over pepperoni?
December 31, 2020, 10:37 AM
WaterburyBob
On top of the cheese. That's why they're called toppings.
There's one place around here that puts the cheese on top. They have a great cheese pizza, but I won't order pepperoni from them.
I like the pepperoni to get crispy.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards
December 31, 2020, 10:41 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

I like my peanut butter sandwiches with the spread on the outside.
You too?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
December 31, 2020, 11:55 AM
frayedends
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
On pizza I like meat under the cheese and as for franks they need to be mixed with the beans. PS I like ketchup on my hotdogs and my chili has beans Smile

So clearly we know who NOT to take food advice from. Big Grin

These go to eleven.
December 31, 2020, 01:39 PM
2Adefender
Oddly, Chicago deep dish pizza has the meats and veggies on the bottom, then the cheese, and the sauce on top. And it’s outstanding. Maybe they precook the meats and veggies? Not sure, but I know everything is well-cooked and delicious!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.
December 31, 2020, 05:48 PM
houndawg
Meat under the cheese, veggies on top. Any other way is wrong. Pepperoni should not be crispy.
December 31, 2020, 05:58 PM
sigmonkey
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:... Pepperoni should not be crispy.

You probably eat limp bacon...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
December 31, 2020, 06:07 PM
Voshterkoff
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
Meat under the cheese, veggies on top. Any other way is wrong. Pepperoni should not be crispy.

And here I’m being told that I’m a serial killer for eating pizza with a knife and fork.
December 31, 2020, 06:12 PM
houndawg
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:... Pepperoni should not be crispy.

You probably eat limp bacon...

Bacon and pepperoni are two completely different things.
December 31, 2020, 06:15 PM
houndawg
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:

And here I’m being told that I’m a serial killer for eating pizza with a knife and fork.

You are. Pizza is hand held food. But the meat goes under the cheese. There is no other acceptable way. Amateurs and heathens put the meat on top.
December 31, 2020, 06:44 PM
ZSMICHAEL
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do you ride on top of the bus??
December 31, 2020, 07:25 PM
Ryanp225
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Yep. Like frank over beans.

FRANK AND BEANS!
December 31, 2020, 07:53 PM
houndawg
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do you ride on top of the bus??

What the hell are you smoking? Getting into the New Years Eve imbibing a little early
December 31, 2020, 08:09 PM
ZSMICHAEL
^^^^^^^^^^^
I am sorry you fail to see the humor.I think you took too many crabby pills today. Lighten up.