SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bumping your for sale post 8000 times...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bumping your for sale post 8000 times... Login/Join 
posted
Without lowering your prices!

Does this drive anyone else crazy besides me?

Why can't some people figure out that no one wants your crap for the price you have listed? Drop your price or stop bumping it.

Rant off.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
BUMP

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I see what you did there....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VANQUISH:
Without lowering your prices!

Does this drive anyone else crazy besides me?

Why can't some people figure out that no one wants your crap for the price you have listed? Drop your price or stop bumping it.

Rant off.

GB? Big Grin

Seriously, obviously there is no "bumping" on GB, but, keeping relisting your trinkets at the same damn price, with no bids, year after year, is the same thing. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Friday night bump!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34112 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It's not always the price.

I recently listed something here for a week and a half? No interest.

I deleted the thread and posted it elsewhere. And it literally sold in under a minute. My price was already low, it's just that no one here wanted it.

So maybe the answer isn't changing the bait, but trying another spot.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
It's not always the price.

I recently listed something here for a week and a half? No interest.

I deleted the thread and posted it elsewhere. And it literally sold in under a minute. My price was already low, it's just that no one here wanted it.

So maybe the answer isn't changing the bait, but trying another spot.
Agreed. Sometimes it's just the timing and other times it's the audience.

For example, I tried to sell a flashlight prior to Christmas and relisted it continuously into January. Couldn't sell it even thought I was always the lowest price on Fleabay or Amazon. I went on a 2 week business trip, and when I returned I listed it for 1 penny less than last time. It sold it in 5 minutes, and this was not a cheap flashlight where a penny mattered.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I'll take it.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One last bump before it goes:

On GunBroker
Back in the safe
To the gun show

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Bump. Guys there are literally none of these out there. I can't believe no one has grabbed this yet. Did I mention it has a new muffler bearing?

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Price = $1000 firm

Bump, with new price, $950 firm.

Bump, with new price, $900 firm.

Bump, with new price, $500 firm.

Cool

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDHunz:

On GunBroker
Back in the safe
To the gun show

The "Back in the Safe" is always my favorite. As if to get it out of the safe to begin with was some epic journey, so it's just been sitting on the kitchen counter since posting pictures. Once they make the trek to return the precious to the vault, it won't be heard from ever again...

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Sellers are just waiting for that fish, like me, to come along. But this fish can't buy all your hyper inflated ragged out crap. You say it's going "back in the safe"? OMG, OMG, I'll pay whatever you
wantWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Wish I had the money.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
[Wimpy]I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today...[/Wimpy]

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
You say it's going "back in the safe"? OMG, OMG, I'll pay whatever you wantWink

Big Grin

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
[Hall Monitor]Btw, shouldn't this be in What's Your Deal!?[/Hall Monitor]

Q

Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravens1775:
quote:

On GunBroker
Back in the safe
To the gun show

The "Back in the Safe" is always my favorite. As if to get it out of the safe to begin with was some epic journey, so it's just been sitting on the kitchen counter since posting pictures. Once they make the trek to return the precious to the vault, it won't be heard from ever again...

Yep that's the one that I really like, makes me want to buy everything you post next.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
One more time and then BACK TO THE SAFE!

Oooooh, that convinced me to buy your overpriced gun. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravens1775:
quote:

On GunBroker
Back in the safe
To the gun show

Big Grin

Like it's a Disney film or some such stuff. Going back in the vault. Yep. And aside from the 478 of them just like it on GB for less money right now, you'll never get another chance like this!

Posts: 10748 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post