SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sudden Uptick In Left Lane Vigilantes!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sudden Uptick In Left Lane Vigilantes! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I don’t get it.

Just in this past week I’ve experienced four different occasions where some jackwad PURPOSEFULLY sits in the left lane going 50 mph and creating a huge backup behind them. The right lane is full so no one can drive around either.

This is on a highway where the average speed is 70 to 80 miles an hour as well.

It’s absolutely infuriating, it seems like they get their jollies off of it or something being assholes. Confused

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Are they passing or just riding along slower?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
That's why cars need missile launchers in the front like a Bond car.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
On my commute to work, I regularly see two different people. One drives a white Super Duty and the other drives a gray Chevy or GMC pickup. Either one will sit in the left lane and drive exactly the speed limit while people continually pass them on the right.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Are they passing or just riding along slower?

Not passing. Riding in the left lane of a busy two lane highway and refusing to move over even when they have numerous chances to do so. And purposely going 10-20 mph slower than the normal flow of traffic Mad

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PaPaP226:
Whats your state law regarding lane camping?

Arizona sheriff Mark Lamb enforces left lane camping.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj0qRCdsMSA

I'm assuming he's talking about the PA Turnpike, there are plenty of signs stating to "Keep Right Except To Pass". I think it's supposed to be a fine if you don't.

I've never seen anyone get pulled over for not passing while in the left lane....in PA.

I've seen it happen in NJ half a dozen times.

My favorite is the people that are going a fraction of a mph faster than the traffic they are passing. Take's about 10 miles for them to complete the pass and they stay in the left lane. Then they increase their speed about 10-15mph once people start passing them on the right. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PaPaP226:
Whats your state law regarding lane camping?

Arizona sheriff Mark Lamb enforces left lane camping.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj0qRCdsMSA

God bless him.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My car is too underpowered to even get out of its own way. I no longer worry about such things as around here, the "passing lane" merely means people going 100+ passing everyone else until they can swerve over at the last possible second to bully merge at the front of an off ramp.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

You're not alone. Same thing is happening in Illinois, except it's four lane highways they're managing to turn into a clusterfuck, not just two lane deals.

Regularly on the Tri-State (I-294), you'll have semis in three lanes, and someone camping in the left lane. Also, within the past three months it's common for semis to be riding in the left lane which is a huge no-no.

Makes my commute to and from work a real extraordinary pain in the ass.

Posts: 59 | Location: NW Burbs of Illinois | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It’s almost like everyone is going back to work now from this pandemic and they all forgot how to drive. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It’s almost like everyone is going back to work now from this pandemic and they all forgot how to drive. Roll Eyes

Forgot? That assumes they knew how to begin with!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Here in Dallas it is usually either a BMW or a Prius driver. One of them is trying to save the world from global warming. The other is just oblivious to anything or anyone around them. Until you try to pass them on the right to get around them. Then it's like you have offended their smugness, and lit their ass on fire.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Against the law in Minnesota, I know people who have actually called the highway patrol and gotten a response in a short time frame.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Against the law in Minnesota, I know people who have actually called the highway patrol and gotten a response in a short time frame.

I’m pretty certain it’s against the law everywhere.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
...bully merge at the front of an off ramp.
THANK YOU!!!!

I've been trying to think of a word (other than MF'er) to describe someone who ZOOMS to the front of the line of cars exiting, EXPECTING to be let in like they're some sort of important ENTITLED sunuvabitch when I-eeee planned 2 gd miles ago to get in line and wait my f*c*ing turn!!!

I've started riding the ass-end of the person in front of me to block these sunsabitches from getting in front of me. If I'm good enough to plan ahead and get in line 2 miles ago, then so are they!!! That doesn't grind my gears.....it STRIPS the shit outta them!! Mad Mad Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I agree erj.

I also understand about using all of a merging lane to "zipper". The people I think of are the ones Mars described. They zoom along and then try and bully their way into an exit or turning lane.

GRRRR

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
What has pissed me off for years is the company truckers that have to drive governed trucks.

I hate driving two lane I35 in Texas. Those ass holes do what I call side by side drag racing. One truck will go 1 MPH faster then the other so he'll get in the left lane and take 10 miles to pass the other truck. All the while holding everyone else up.

Oh and I have had a CDL license with everything on it since the 90's and a class A 15 years before the CDL went into effect.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Happens everyday here. The slow pokes are far worse than the speed demons.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Slow pokes piss me off, but I've never seen one put 4 other cars in the wall while swerve passing at 100+mph.

I pulled a dead man from his car after some left lane race car driver doing over 100+ hit a left lane driver "passing" everyone over 80+ from behind, sending him over to pit an innocent driver into the wall for another left lane "Passer" to hit him square in the driver's door without even braking.

The "passer", was then hit from behind by the Andretti wannabe who then spun into the middle of traffic, hitting two other cars, killing a child.

All this unfolded in front of me on my camera as I was slow poking along around 80mph in the right lane. It took everything I had to get my BMW under control and stopped as high speed Korean shitboxes disintegrated into debris everywhere.

Everyone is the best driver ever until they aren't.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
The slow pokes are far worse than the speed demons.
Not too many people killed by "slow pokes."

I am one of those slow pokes, I drive at the speed limit, in the right-most lane. Other than being rear-ended while waiting at a red light, I have not had an accident for 20? 30? years. Nor have I been stopped or ticketed.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post