SIGforum
Sudden Uptick In Left Lane Vigilantes!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/5490019284

July 07, 2021, 02:16 PM
HRK
Sudden Uptick In Left Lane Vigilantes!
Just because someone drives over the limit doesn't mean they are some wild man race car wannabe, anymore than someone riding in the left lane is a frustrated ex safety guard who didn't get his badge to monitor a crossing in grade school.

I'll drive 5 or 10 over the limit when it's safe, and if you're hogging the left lane, yes I'll come up behind you and wait a bit, because the law states you need to move over, it's not your road, unless you have a badge its not your job, so just ease over, let me by and then move back. What's so difficult about that.

Nobody is saying you can't drive in that lane, but sitting in it and blocking traffic is a jerk move... Heck at 10 over I've moved over and let someone hell bent on winning the race by, karma will get them some day, and it's not my place to police them...

July 07, 2021, 10:07 PM
DoctorSolo
Well I do know, human nature has an abhorrence to subjective unfairness.

For example, one may break a law and get punished for doing so, and after that experience, one might be particularly sensitive to perceiving other people breaking the same law and seemingly going un-punished.

If it were me, I could easily envision scenarios where I might heartily resent these repeated observations if I were previously prosecuted for similar transgressions. An exceptional event and tragedy resulting from similar behavior would certainly amplify my anger, and possibly skew my own judgement to the point that I would see anyone committing a similar offense as the guilty catalyst of the aforementioned tragedy himself! I might even make it my personal mission to prevent such tragedies from occurring again on my watch.

I could see it. Trying to walk a mile, as they say...
July 07, 2021, 11:19 PM
Rey HRH
I've been doing a lot of freeway driving lately. If ever I would speed, I would only do so on straight highways with light traffic.

I know I'm back in California when I have to pass cars by driving on the right most lane. I give up coming behind them and even flashing my lights. They somehow think pacing the car in the next lane is quite acceptable.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
July 08, 2021, 08:08 AM
Mars_Attacks
I stay my slow ass in the right lane and still stupid cows on their cellphones can't stay in theirs. First she drifts to the left, then snatches it to the right. At least I had the rumble lane to swerve into.

This is pretty much once a day for me.

Imagine if she was "passing" (driving) in the left lane doing 90+. Well, it would be like every other wall smasher that snarls traffic a hundred times a day here.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
July 08, 2021, 09:36 AM
HRK
Cell phone Sally, a pox on them, they are the worst things on the road. I know people argue against it but all keyboards/screens on cell phones should be disabled when the GPS detects it moving over 20 MPH, voice commands only, and GPS directions by voice.

July 08, 2021, 10:04 AM
DoctorSolo
Inattentive/distracted drivers, especially those incapable of keeping their shit in their lane are the scourge of the road and they deserve a financially crushing wake-up call.

No doubt.
July 08, 2021, 10:26 AM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I know I'm back in California when I have to pass cars by driving on the right most lane.

It’s the same thing North of you in Washington. I do the great bulk of my passing on the right. Often enough, a whole caravan of cars stacked up in the left lane, a dozen or more going under the speed limit while the lane next to them is wide open. These past two weekends, I spent about three hours a day, all-in, on the 405 and I-5 corridor. It was awful. This thread definitely came to mind, and often.

July 08, 2021, 01:44 PM
sigmonkey
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I stay my slow ass in the right lane and still stupid cows on their cellphones can't stay in theirs. First she drifts to the left, then snatches it to the right. At least I had the rumble lane to swerve into.

Obviously all your fault, for driving the speed limit in the right lane and trying to control the universe, from your tiny shitbox, you self appointed road Karen...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
July 08, 2021, 02:15 PM
Mars_Attacks
ROAD KAREN!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
July 08, 2021, 05:11 PM
coloradohunter44
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
ROAD KAREN!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Love it! Make some stickers for the back windows...

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!
July 08, 2021, 07:29 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Cell phone Sally, a pox on them, they are the worst things on the road. I know people argue against it but all keyboards/screens on cell phones should be disabled when the GPS detects it moving over 20 MPH, voice commands only, and GPS directions by voice.
I would agree, if there were a way to do this for the driver only, and leave the passengers' phones working normally.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים