SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lil Nas X on SNL
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lil Nas X on SNL Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Probably wont be featured in the 8th grade music appreciation class.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Totally adolescent, man. There's a time and place. And if "Nigga" is such free social expression, go to the nearest MLK Boulevard and shout it at people. After all, art, you know. And no, this is not the Victorian era. This is the era of lethal STDs, abortion in the millions, murder in the streets and crapping on the sidewalk. Call me a square all you like, we were MUCH better off when we upheld SOME moral standards.

Smile

Yep, rattling cages just to rattle cages is neither noble nor brave.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
So, you define squares as people who don't like hearing "Nigga," about "eight inch pipes" and "riding me all night?" Nice.

That seems to be the reason for his popularity, pissing off guys like you. Don't let it piss you off, ignore it, and soon enough they'll disappear, or have to rely on real talent.

But the Squares are eternal, and as such, the classless and crass are eternal. You's the Yin to his Yang.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Dude was yin'ing his yang a bit too much for me. It wouldn't have been so bad if the music had been tolerable.

After I saw this from Sia, I was thinking "That was...interesting," but the music was good. Actual talent can override all the visual BS.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I've been told that since I don't like this music, I have a bias against black urban/inner city culture and I'm not woke. My usual response is, I just think it is broken gibberish in a language that resembles English and overall is imbecilic. That's when I get called a racist.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Dude was yin'ing his yang a bit too much for me. It wouldn't have been so bad if the music had been tolerable.

After I saw this from Sia, I was thinking "That was...interesting," but the music was good. Actual talent can override all the visual BS.
{VID SNIP}

I remember this too.
I don't usually watch SNL but most likely did because Trump was on.
All I remember about "Sia" is that is some weird shit....really weird.
I think I had to physically close my mouth as it was beyond strange.
The music isn't my style but to each their own on that.
However, it was like Madonna/Gaga weird-out noteworthy.
Guess bizarre sells to some.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4TngrGiY9II" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I have never heard of this artist, and definitely didn’t understand this performance (there seems like there was some message there, just not clear to me what), however, her voice and the music kept me watching and listening to the end. I agree with your post.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post