SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Your item has shipped!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your item has shipped! Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
It bugs me to no end when you buy something online and the vendor sends a notification that your item has shipped.
But if you go and look.... all they did was create a shipping label.
Three days later... the item is still sitting in their depot... still not actually shipped.

Cmon guys. "shipped" means that the carrier came and picked it up and it's actually en route.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Yes but as soon as it shows shipped, your account is charged and that charge will be posted. Just a faster way for a vender to get his money. Wink

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1489 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
What I think is happening is that they use the "shipped" thing to charge your CC and make sure they're getting their money before they send you the merchandise.

Can't blame them for being cautious.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Optics Planet? Booo!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Optics Planet? Booo!

Oh hell no.
I stay away from those guys like the plague.
I want my order to arrive some time within the next year.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
A little bit of an opposite story.
My friend owns a business that is closed on Sunday and Mondays.
He orders some items for his business on Sunday morning from one of the big online retailers. He thinks it will not be delivered till Tuesday or Wednesday like in the past.
He gets an email late Sunday night your package has been delivered.
It was left in front of the store on a busy highway.
He had to go get it so it would not get stolen.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Had this happen a couple of times recently with Amazon purchases.

On both, I get the "it's on it's way" notification. Then, on the delivery day, I get another notification that "it's running late". I cancelled both orders. Mad

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6401 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Printing out the label then sending email notification that "Your item has been shipped" is fine if the thing is shipped that same day. Even if it goes out the next day, it is acceptable, if it was already later in the day when the label was generated. What's not acceptable is 3 days or more later and the damn thing still hasn't left their warehouse, yet. There are just not good business excuses for that practice, from a customer's perspective. You will never see Greg Cote or TGS pull that kind of stunt.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sellers are required to ship within a given time on places like eBay and Amazon's outside vendor's and the way they determine that is, is when the label gets printed. When you have that contact info in your order (almost always for online stuff) the shipping companies do this automatically.
True, some sellers abuse this as it should always be within that day or the next at the latest, not a week later.

Posts: 9501 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
3 days or longer to ship the order after the "Your item has shipped" email goes out is terrible.
From personal experience, if you order something on a Friday afternoon/evening and the shipper is UPS or even FedEx then you may have missed the pickup window for that shipper. A good Vendor will still ship your order and get you a tracking number but the package wouldn't move until the following business day (Monday) when UPS picks it up.

Some delays are all about timing and time zones, but still, 3 days or longer is bush leage.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I checked with the local Home depot and Lowes and they do not have shipping for the coffee maker I bought. Just in-store pick up. I can no longer do the in-store because of mobility so I have the items delivered. I ordered it from Amazon, a month later..no joy, so I cancelled. Ordered from Ebay, it's now a month later and same thing. I just sent a message to the seller and I think that ones going to be cancelled too. I live in south Miami and the seller is listed in South Florida also, but there's delays. Frown

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:

I checked with the local Home depot and Lowes and they do not have shipping for the coffee maker I bought. Just in-store pick up. I can no longer do the in-store because of mobility so I have the items delivered. I ordered it from Amazon, a month later..no joy, so I cancelled. Ordered from Ebay, it's now a month later and same thing. I just sent a message to the seller and I think that ones going to be cancelled too. I live in south Miami and the seller is listed in South Florida also, but there's delays. Frown
You have mail, friend.

I can do in-store pickup on the coffee maker for you, and either bring it with me if we do the deal that we are discussing, or if we don't do the deal, I can ship the coffee maker to you via UPS, FedEx, or Postal Service, for genuine home delivery.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

You have mail, friend.

I can do in-store pickup on the coffee maker for you, and either bring it with me if we do the deal that we are discussing, or if we don't do the deal, I can ship the coffee maker to you via UPS, FedEx, or Postal Service, for genuine home delivery.

You are a good man VT...

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

You have mail, friend.

Hey V! and thank you very much. A follow email has been sent about the details.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
This morning, I got a shipping notification email...problem is, I got my order yesterday Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I'd ordered some primers, card got charged a few days ago, never got a shipping notification but the primers arrived yesterday.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Been there. The seller says 'shipped' but the shipper status says 'a label has been created."

I completely understand that being a status for a day, or even a weekend. Shipper uses software to print a label, label has a tracking number, on to the box it goes. Box goes to loading dock, waits for pickup. Fine.

It's when that 'a label has been created' status remains for days on end, that increasingly irritated questions come to mind. Has it actually been picked up? For that matter, did the label even go on a box? Was there even a box for it to go on?

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
This morning, I got a shipping notification email...problem is, I got my order yesterday Roll Eyes

I have several items still waiting to ship according to Amazon, even though I've had them for months. I have been tempted, through curiosity, to see what happens if I tell them to cancel the order.

I paid about 35 bucks shipping thursday night, to have some auto parts shipped half way across the country and get here on monday. I got an email yesterday morning saying they'd be delivered friday! I was so happy, that would change my plans for the whole week for the better. Then late last night they changed it to monday. Grumble grumble parts tease! That's just mean. Big Grin Thing is, according to the shipping, the parts are now about five miles away at UPS. Were it not saturday, I would try to go get them. Like usual, the shortest part of the journey is by far the slowest. 1500 miles in one day, 5 miles in 2 1/2 days.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I ordered 4 new tires for my RV and received a FedEX email stating the tires would be here by the end of the day on 4/24. I have received a few items this year shipped by FedEx that said the same thing "will be delivered by such and such date only to be delivered a week later. Now, when I look at the shipping label, delivery is not known. They just can't be honest, it would kill them!

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Due to COVID” is the excuse I hear or see for any delay.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post