SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Nasty customer service at a gun shop.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nasty customer service at a gun shop. Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I worked at a friends gun store years ago. Most of our customers were regulars and repeat customers. We had a good reputation in the area and it showed.

I would talk to new customers about what they were looking for, ask questions and listen. If a customer told me they were just looking I would introduce my self and tell them if they wanted to see anything just let us know, then we would leave them alone.

Most of the time they would walk around then come over to one of us and ask questions, we would show them guns and make recommendations based on their needs. One of the thing we prided our self's on was not trying to sell the customer more gun than the wanted, needed or could afford.

Every so often we would hear story's of other gun shops they visited and how they were treated. They would tell us how much nicer we were compared to other gun shops they had visited.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Good gun stores are few and far between. Too many get that arrogant, cool guy attitude. Especially when the store is trying to be the tacti-cool/gucci supplier.

That's these guys. It's all black SBR's with red anodized parts on the wall.

71 TRUCK, that's the way to do it.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Good gun stores are few and far between. Too many get that arrogant, cool guy attitude. Especially when the store is trying to be the tacti-cool/gucci supplier.

That's these guys. It's all black SBR's with red anodized parts on the wall.

71 TRUCK, that's the way to do it.

The guy I worked for was a small mom and pop store with a range. He had been in business over 30 years with a good reputation not only with our customers but also other gun stores. We were at a local gun show recently and it was like a little reunion for him seeing other sellers as well as past customers.

We had nice stuff and at times a lot of surplus. We also had a good selection of pre owned guns. He was also a Class III dealer. He did a little bit of everything. When he retired I helped as much as I could clean out the store for the new owners. I was amazed at what he had collected over that 30 plus year time in business, I think he was too.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I got busy with life, but something reminded me of this place today and I just dropped the Tsar Bomba on their Yelp page. I imagine I'll have an insulting tirade from the owner as a response by midnight.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got busy with life, but something reminded me of this place today and I just dropped the Tsar Bomba on their Yelp page. I imagine I'll have an insulting tirade from the owner as a response by midnight.

Can you give me a hint so I know where not to go?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Can you give me a hint so I know where not to go?

Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Nobody cares about your Yelp review or your online moanings. Truth betold the internet has ruined the gun industry, Nothing like selling a consumer durable for 10%.

I get down on my knees and pray every night that FFLs wont transfer modern guns that they can order from distribution. Sell a Glock for $40 profit? Shiiiit.

Pay MSRP for that gat now, cuz I'm gonna organize the FFLs into a union.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
MSRP for a gun? There used to be a dealer in NoVa that wanted 650$ for a Beretta 92 that Beretta's MSRP was 550$ at the time. I think they finally went under.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I have a choice between 2 local gun stores with ranges in them. One is a little dated and has been around for a while. The people are awesome and make you feel like your a friend that's visiting who happens to like guns. Their range fees and prices are reasonable. The other one is fairly new and shiny with the nicest backlit shiny gun cases and a beautiful but VERY expensive range. Their guns were $25-$50 higher too. The staff was pleasant enough but almost too sterile like the store. I know they have to pay for the displays and slick range but I feel more at home in the shop that's a little run down but happy to see me come in even if I don't buy something every time. I'm fortunate.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
Nobody cares about …

SILENCE!!!

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

SILENCE!!!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nobody cares about your Yelp review or your online moanings.

You know, this isn't worth more time than it takes to type this: You're wrong, and that’s the problem with the retail firearms industry.

We can get deeper into this if you really want, but you won't like what I have to say.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Nobody cares about your Yelp review or your online moanings.

You know, this isn't worth more time than it takes to type this: You're wrong, and that’s the problem with the retail firearms industry.

We can get deeper into this if you really want, but you won't like what I have to say.

Yet he cared enough to type a response to you. Doesn't sound very reverend like.

Is he a reverend like jackson or sharpton?

While some people ignore them, I think reviews are important and not just the score but I actually take the time to read the comments. Sorry, my money is hard earned, and I want to spend it at places where it's appreciated. I just don't go out and "try" restaurants. Dining out is too expensive to be trying places without some research ahead of time.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post