SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No Wonder the USPS is Losing Money
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Wonder the USPS is Losing Money Login/Join 
Picture of asteirman
posted
I ordered a few Sig P239 mags from a great supply company and received a shipping confirmation with tracking number. All was good, shipment transferred to St Louis, MO, then to Springfield, MA, then Nashua NH,...then to Guam ! WTF, I didn’t know Guam was between Nashua NH and my home in Vermont. An extra 12k miles each way. I’m sure it will work itself out. I’m not in a hurry. Just watching the comedy of errors.

Skill on Demand

Posts: 111 | Location: Republic of Vermont | Registered: April 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26419 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I heard the weather is quite pleasant there this time of year...

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Better hope the island doesn’t tip over from the added weight.

Posts: 13744 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking
beer snob
Picture of johnson27
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree more! I've ordered things recently that have criss-crossed Michigan twice, even landed in our local post office before going back to the west side, then Detroit again before arriving in mid Michigan.
J27

"I make up for my lack of accuracy by missing as fast as I can"

Posts: 1773 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of asteirman
posted Hide Post
It’s entertaining as long as you’re not in a hurry for your shipment. It defies logic when you look at the tracking history.

Skill on Demand

Posts: 111 | Location: Republic of Vermont | Registered: April 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to get mail this week that was mailed almost a month ago. We moved recently, and I did the "change of address" ritual. Ironically, one item was forwarded, marked "return to sender" and sent to our old address, and then forwarded again to the new address.

Posts: 492 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've reduced my stress levels considerably by NOT checking tracking on most orders. About the only orders I checks are guns shipments now.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I've reduced my stress levels considerably by NOT checking tracking on most orders. About the only orders I checks are guns shipments now.

Yep that's the big mistake, watching the path of mail through the carrier.

Turn on text notifications for delivery and that's all you need...

Posts: 23472 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johnson27:
I couldn't agree more! I've ordered things recently that have criss-crossed Michigan twice, even landed in our local post office before going back to the west side, then Detroit again before arriving in mid Michigan.
J27

Same here. Detroit, Brownstown Twp, Lansing then to my local P.O. That part of postsl ping pong usually goes on three or four days. And sometimes they toss in Grand Rapids for good measure too.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8110 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of asteirman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by asteirman:
quote:
J27

Glad I’m not the only one. Can anybody beat Guam ?

Skill on Demand

posted Hide Post
They probably had to make a quick trip there to pick up some priority immigrants

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I guess that beats me... I ordered some parts from a fellow member here back the 2nd weekend in October... he shipped it on Oct 16th from New Parkesville N.Y. it then spent the next 4 weeks going back and forth between Newburgh N.Y. and Newark N.J. before the Postal service finally got around to sending it down here.... arrived on November 27th.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Well I’m in shock My Midway order is actually in my local P.O. and I’m assuming it will be delivered tomorrow. It was originally supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. And for once it didn’t go from Brownstown Twp. to Detroit, then off to Grand Rapids or Lansing and back to Detroit then to my local P.O.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8110 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USPS has been an utter shitshow lately. I haven't sent or received a single tracked package in months that arrived on the originally scheduled date.

Posts: 2486 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post