SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Do you knock before entering?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you knock before entering? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Almost all of my customers are hardware stores. One of these has had to lock the restrooms because of customer abuse. You have to get the key from the cashier.

I was in that store this morning. Got the key to the men's room, figured that I had the key, so the men's room would be empty. Unlocked the door and was surprised to find a store employee sitting on the crapper. Excused myself and backed out.

Guess I'll start knocking.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
“Jeez. Doesn't anyone fucking knock anymore?” --- Brad Hamilton

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/Unpl...ffyEarwig-mobile.mp4

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knock. Proper response is a loud cough or “Occupied.” Simple.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
How about the other side of the situation? Are people too stupid to lock the door?

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
What amazes me more is the other side, how often people on the inside won't say anything. I don't understand why people don't acknowledge they're inside.

My whole job now revolves around knocking on and opening doors all day, and it happens constantly. Maybe they think I'll go away? (despite them wanting me to be there is the reason I am.) "Knock and announce", ya knock, wait a bit, knock again and then tell them who you are. Wait again, knock and tell them you're about to unlocking the door and that you're coming in... you do, and they're SHOCKED to see you! lmao What did you expect!? F'ing say something!

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post