SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A Promotion Is NOT Supposed To Be Traumatic
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Promotion Is NOT Supposed To Be Traumatic Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
She was your boss, now you are in charge of what used to be her department, but you are not her boss? You both report to the same person?

The powers that be are hedging their bets. They believe you to be the right person for the job, but don't want to let her go just yet. Since you are the right person and will prove it, she'll be let go soon.

OK, so I was wrong in my assessment of the situation from three years ago. She was in fact not "let go soon”. I think I nailed it otherwise. Congratulations! You deserve it. Except for the ulcer.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the promotion.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
I do hope that since you are now an officer in the company, you can simply gather some documentation and terminate this toxic employee.

She won't be terminated unless she does something REALLY stupid now. They just removed her teeth and she just has to ride until her retirement.

Documenting the toxic behavior is what led to this. I had the new executive manager do it.

She has enough tracked, documentable work to do that she can't interfere anymore.

Well in that case, I hope her retirement comes very soon.

What exactly is architectural signage? I’m not asking for specifics of your work, unless you want to share. I’m just looking for an example that I have seen or can see.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats Mars!!

I well remember reading about several GA highly placed "minority" educators being caught encouraging widespread cheating on test scores, etc.

AIR, your documentation had a great deal to do with their downfall.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Congrats on the promotion.

That was almost 3 years ago?

OP posted that on June 1, 2019...

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
p3, about halfway down he posted about a new promotion 3 days ago. There’s a whole discussion about it from that point continuing on to p4.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
p3, about halfway down he posted about a new promotion 3 days ago. There’s a whole discussion about it from that point continuing on to p4.

OK, I feel like a complete dumbass now Frown

My apologies Mars

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

OK, I feel like a complete dumbass now Frown

My apologies Mars

Well, technically you were both right, PASig. He did post the OP almost 3 years ago. Big Grin

Congrats (again) Marzy! Still waiting to see pics of the new truck you never reported back on getting....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Lunch at Pho Bac for the whole department.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
One has to wonder if she is a sorority sister of Vijaya Gadde. A full blown melt down crying jag would be most welcome. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Pay doubled? Holy shit.

That would be a hell of a cocktail that evening.

Congrats!

Yup. To me this says, "we have been way under paying this guy for way too long. Lets keep him here since he makes us so much money."

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They have given me two Rolexes, an Omega and a Breitling watch over the past few years. Sometimes the bonus is upwards of $10K.

It angered the supervisor so much, I don't dare wear them to work.

Now I am tasked with purchasing the new tech and next week right after my ulcer surgery I am to go get a new 400 watt laser then go to the manufacturer's school to train the operators and repair training on top of my other director duties.

He trusts nobody else for this.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I come tonight to resurrect this thread.

The toxic came to head and I had to play dirtier than I ever thought I could have.

I got promoted AGAIN today. I am now an officer and got a huge salary increase with profit sharing to keep me at the company.

Toxic manager got stripped of her managerial authority and is merely an employee now.

She had been warned several times and merely switched tactics until she got caught.
However all of this has given me an ulcer. A bad one. It will be cauterized in two weeks.

You can get DGL at the Vitamin Shoppe that will allow the ulcer to heal. You take it before each meal.

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/...able-tablets/vs-2510

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post