SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "You can't make this stuff up!"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"You can't make this stuff up!" Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Virtually every time this is said, it's incorrect. All things can be imagined, all things can be made up.

I despise trite expressions, especially the ones which are patently false.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I agree:

The reality is actually just the opposite of that.

A lot of what we read, and then what many will believe, is actually just made up.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have started using that expression recently myself. Most likely because my wife and I listen to "America's Untold Stories" on yootoob, and one of the hosts says it all the time, usually with an expletive for stuff.

No affiliation with that yootoob group, but they do have interesting, less-known historical stories that weave into more well-known historical events.

Posts: 515 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
""You can't make this up!" Oh really? They made up Star Wars." (comedian who's name escapes me)

Posts: 21325 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The Babylon Bee tries, but reality is more satirical than satire.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5993 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think all things can be imagined by people with the intelligence to do so. From what I'm seeing in today's idiocracy...

Posts: 17245 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post