SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Barking Dogs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barking Dogs Login/Join 
posted
I love the sound of children playing on a warm spring day!
I freeking hate neighbors that let there, their they're dogs
bark nonstop for hours on end. I'd like to Will Smith the owners in the face. Mad

Posts: 954 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
There are local noise ordinances. Or, you could bring ‘em cookies and have a nice chat?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We have a couple. Incessant during the day, luckily almost non-existent at night.

Hoping this house deal all falls into place. New place is very quiet the couple times we've gone out to look around.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Almost every house around me has dogs.

They almost never bark but when they do, it's either at UPS or FedEx or strangers.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
There is something wrong with a person that lets their dog's regular and persistant barking disturb neighbors. I had a neighbor like that once. After several polite requests I finally told them if they didn't stop it I would. They got the message

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I have a very strong opinion that my neighbors should not have to endure my dogs.

Let them out, and either stand and wait for them to do their thing, and right back inside, or be mindful to let them in on the first bark.

Had miniature schnauzers and one would scratch the door one time, and wait about a minute and repeat.

The other would make one bark, and then wait a minute or two.

The both simply always did that if I let them out and did not stand watch over them.

Those who leave dogs out with continual barking are, abusing them and, insulting neighbors.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having to listen to dogs bark is like having a toothache. There's a family 2-4 doors down than get up at 5AM, let the dogs out, then presumably get in the shower. Dogs bark untill they're let back in.

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I grew up in rural MI in the 70’s. The neighbor 500 yards down the road always had a pack of bear hounds. There were a few other dogs around, but few can compete with a pack of hounds chained outside. It was sorta like frogs in the Spring, a chorus one got used to.

Our German Shepard likes to make her rounds on our wired property, 5 acres, semi-rural. If she finds something to bark at, I’ll give her a few minutes, then call her in. I shorten the time substantially if toward lights out.

The one neighbors kid has a slightly loud muffler, by design. I accept that, they don’t complain about a few barks. A relative has a neighbor up north, I think retired, he’ll call at 2 in the afternoon if their dog barks twice.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a neighbor that had a German Shepard that would bark at night . I mentioned it to them several times and they just laughed about it . Literally . After they went to bed I would walk over and open the gate and let the dog out . He would run around for a little while and pee on a few mailboxes and then go lie on their front porch . The neighbors thought that the dog was jumping the fence so they would put him up at night and all was well . Smile

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
bark nonstop for hours on end. I'd like to Will Smith the owners in the face. Mad

I am the the opposite.
I detest the sound of screaming little kids and don't mind barking dogs.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:

I am the the opposite.
I detest the sound of screaming little kids and don't mind barking dogs.

I am between both of you. I can handle a "moderate" amount of screaming kids or barking dogs.

What I can't stand are the parents who abuse either of the above by the duration or the frequency thereof of the screaming/barking.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I'm with smschulz. I'll take the dogs.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

It doesn't bother you listening to a dog barking nonstop
for two to three hours? You have more patience than me or
they are farther away. The ones that are right next to me I
bribe with treats. We get along fine.
When I would let my dog out ,she would run the fence and bark with the dog on the
other side for maybe two minutes, then settle down.
Letting your dog bark for hours on end is beyond rude.

Posts: 954 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

It doesn't bother you listening to a dog barking nonstop
for two to three hours? You have more patience than me or
they are farther away. The ones that are right next to me I
bribe with treats. We get along fine.
When I would let my dog out ,she would run the fence and bark with the dog on the
other side for maybe two minutes, then settle down.
Letting your dog bark for hours on end is beyond rude.

Nope. My house is essentially soundproof and if I go inside and turn on the radio, I'll never hear the dogs.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
We had white trash leave a pit bull chained up in their yard day and night 2 houses up from me and that thing would bark 24/7 Mad

Enough people called the cops on them that animal control finally came and took it. They are well known to the cops now as they also illegally burn trash and all sorts of other shit in their yard like feet from their house all day long and we just keep calling the cops on them. None of them appear have an actual job, other than probably making meth in the basement.

I think they are renters and we hope they will eventually get thrown out of there as they are ruining an otherwise very nice neighborhood. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neighbor's son brought a puppy home a few years ago and he used to tie him outside at night for a few hours. Barked like Hell and I could faintly hear it. One of the other neighbors said something and it stopped. Bothered me a little but not horribly.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Neighbors directly behind me have 2 small rat dogs. They let them out and all they do is bark. If I'm in my driveway they bark. If I'm in my own backyard they bark. If I'm in my got damn garage they bark, and they don't stop. Meanwhile I have a trained Mal that does not bark once unless I tell her to do it. People are pathetic pieces of shit because they obtain animals and don't train them. Just like their children at a restaurant running around like ass holes, they expect everyone else just to deal with it and their narcissism. It's infuriating.

If you cannot or unwilling to train your animal to not bother your neighbors, find it a loving home and go buy a fish tank.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12627 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After the 2nd conversation with the offending fog owner
I called the tiny town city office,
The
Sent him a notice
It's been three weeks with no noise.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
After the 2nd conversation with the offending dog owner
I called the tiny town city office,
The
Sent him a notice
It's been three weeks with no noise.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I know I've ranted here about my neighbor's hounds before.

Now that it's Spring, I'd surely like to open the windows and air the place out, or get a nice open-window nap on a Sunday afternoon. But it's not about to happen, with those darned hounds around. Let's face it: hounds just aren't good "neighborhood dogs." And these two get all stirred up and noisy when anything moves at all.

I'm unable to discuss the issue with Mr Bubba. The last time I tried, his side of the conversation went very quickly from "come over and let's talk about it" to "eff you, come down here and say that to my face" to "don't come on my property again."

I don't want to be that guy but this is going to come to a head shortly. I can start by providing a copy of the town noise ordinance and a printed list of the no-bark collars offered at our local pet store. If it's not sorted soon after that, I'll have to involve others. I'm certain I'm not the only guy in the neighborhood who's tired of hearing it all the time.

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post