SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Reinstalling marble shower shelf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reinstalling marble shower shelf Login/Join 
posted
One of our shower shelves has been coming detached. Apparently, the vendor we used didn't measure as good as he should have and skimped on the adhesive.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to hold an approximately 3 pound piece of marble up while the epoxy dries. The quick-drying stuff doesn't work.

Short spring loaded rods was suggested but I don't think they'll hold up in a corner...

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Without seeing it, Possibly a load bar that is used by semi drivers? A rigged up Carpet stretcher?

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An adjustable painters handle that is long enough to go from the opposite corner to the piece at a 45 degree or so angle that you can wedge against it while the adhesive dries. Is the material that you are adhering it to stable (dry/strong)?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
An adjustable painters handle that is long enough to go from the opposite corner to the piece at a 45 degree or so angle that you can wedge against it while the adhesive dries. Is the material that you are adhering it to stable (dry/strong)?

Yes, it's dry and strong...althought I'll have to scrape away any remaining epoxy.

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Maybe i'm missing something but what about cutting a piece of wood and shimming it in place until your adhesive cures?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post