SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Weekly Activity Reports/Metrics/Items Of Interest At Workplace
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weekly Activity Reports/Metrics/Items Of Interest At Workplace Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Brings back some not so good memories when I worked for a national company when I lived in Utah but they were daily metrics.
It was all good for a while because I passed them off to my boss who would go in a conference room with the general manager and his people. He'd break down the numbers and I'd go home after a 12 hour night shift. That changed after about a month and he'd have me do it for him. Got to the point that he would come in late purposely and I'd end up staying over 12 hours as I got reports and spread sheets together.
I stayed for 6 months, got burnt out, gave my 2 weeks notice and left.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
When I worked for a big tech firm, we rolled out an app that was called Teamwork I think. It was an automated WAR tool that allowed the company to manage as low or as high as made sense. As an individual, I was expected to put between 3-5 salient things per week, anything notable on a 2-3 week forward look and anything I needed immediate assistance with (to keep as a watch item for my boss).

She in turn got a roll-up of that from her team of 12 people, she could select which she'd select to lift up to her boss (same categories including her own 3-5 items) and this went up to the C-level to include them using it.

It took no more than 5 min to do, was super simple and you'd get a pop-up reminder on Thursday afternoons (due by COB Fri).

FF to my current gig, we do this via Word docs and email. It's highly inefficient. I did a business case to contract for or create our own mobile app to replicate what I had used previously and the ROI was like 8mos on time saved across a corporation of 22k people (assuming all did a WAR of some form).

Posts: 3062 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sprints! I hate Agile and I hate sprints. I do modeling and simulation and I build very specific models and very specific run sets that are snowflake. I just want to do my work and turn in results when they are done. I hate attending a scrum every morning, which is supposed to be 10 minutes but is usually an hour. I hate having to break my work into BS 2 week chunks.
I get it.... it helps with teams and exposes loafers, but I'm a lone wolf providing answers to customer.

** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone

Posts: 640 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post