SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I can understand Road Rage !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I can understand Road Rage ! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Zipper merge is NOT the norm around here, nor did I see it on any signs during my recent drive to western MD (I-74 to I-70).

I had never heard of the zipper merge until about five years ago when there was major construction on the I-74 bridge across the Mississippi. Zipper merging at that site was heavily publicized and everyone did it.

Unless there's a sign that says to use zipper merge, I'm one of those guys who changes lanes a while before the lane ends.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It shouldn't make a difference but it did. The state recently reworked an age old four lane to two lane merge with stripes and signs that make the ending lane a right turn only. Totally different traffic situation now. There is less horn blowing and competition. Clearly the turn only lane has taken away the option of running side by side to the lanes end and crowding in as the white lined narrow.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 330 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Unless there's a sign that says to use zipper merge, I'm one of those guys who changes lanes a while before the lane ends.

There's not a thing wrong with that, unless you block folks who are trying to zipper merge correctly

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post