SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The IRS and crappy CPAs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The IRS and crappy CPAs Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
A real CPA or just someone who prepares tax returns? Get a real tax accountant.

Yes, that’s an important distinction. My tax guy is a real CPA. In fact, he’s the senior partner of a tax boutique in Del Mar, CA, although he was a junior partner when I first started working with him.

And he’s a pistol shooter to boot. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8954 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a really good CPA that has been worth every penny .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Mistakes happen. I'm a CPA. When they do we reach out and try to make things right. Generally means adjusting the price on next year's return.

But the CPA is not responsible to the slow processing by the IRS. But at this point you might call the IRS and ask what's up.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they 1099 me for the interest next year.
They absolutely will, if it's over $10. The interest the IRS paid on my 2019 refund was $10.16, followed by a 1099 at the end of the year.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 229DAK,

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post