SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Are your shoes "gender specific"?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are your shoes "gender specific"? Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
If you think there is a difference between feet then your genderphobic, footphobic, shoephobic, insolephobic just to name a few. It’s probably your privilege in thinking right and left aren’t racist, sexist and cultural appropriation. Don’t get started on size, math is the racist of all.

Posts: 2764 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Yeah I see this as anti-woke. They are saying there are 2 genders and the shoes are made for one.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12404 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am a runner. ASICS is my brand of choice. Never seen that on the insole before. I’ve owned dozens of them. This is new. Yes, men and women’s feet are different. Up until now buying the men’s shoe would have been enough to signify the “gender” of the insole. I think writing it down, like lots of other dumb ideas, just cements that it is a dumb idea.

Posts: 7338 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
3D Space Construction. I have no idea what that is...but I just might have to get a pair. I don't run but my feet seem to hurt all the time if I am out walking a lot.

How much?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Actually no. Outside of work I wear Converse All Stars which I learned a few years back are unisex.

I’m so progressive.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have never seen any shoes purchased that have the fucking word "gender"stamped on it, perhaps the stupidest, woke virtue-signaling word today.

"MEN" or "WOMAN" should be printed on the shoe, not "Gender Specific" Roll Eyes

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16611 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
My Whites boots were made based on my measurements, so I guess they are me-specific.

One could perhaps argue that my undies are gender specific. I need the space. In the front.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17243 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Testicles used to be gender specific until a few years ago. Apparently, not anymore.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
What next??!! Well, my left shoe has decided it wants to be a right shoe, so I imagine the next iteration will be shoes that can be worn on either foot. Razz

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post