SIGforum
Random observation -" buddies v. friends"

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/5020008134

October 15, 2017, 12:10 PM
Ronin1069
Random observation -" buddies v. friends"
There is a distinct difference between a buddy and a friend. When life gets interesting, it is both satisfying and disappointing to watch people who you thought you knew very well, morph into the opposite of where you had them tagged.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
October 15, 2017, 12:53 PM
Sgt Neutron

October 15, 2017, 01:04 PM
rburg
I always heard that a buddy is someone who would go to town and get 2 blowjobs and come back and give you one. I don't know, I never had nor wanted a buddy like that. Frown

Unhappy ammo seeker
October 15, 2017, 02:56 PM
erj_pilot
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In CB lingo, that was a "Good Buddy". Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
October 15, 2017, 04:18 PM
Jimbo54
I've learned that buddies will lead you too trouble while friends will steer you away from it. Older guys will understand this better than younger ones. Ask me how I know. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
October 15, 2017, 04:27 PM
GWbiker
I've often heard a "friend" will help you move.

A "Buddy" will help you move a body.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".
October 15, 2017, 08:18 PM
Jager
And a TRUE friend will help you move in Arizona in June.
October 15, 2017, 08:21 PM
LDD
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I've often heard a "friend" will help you move.

Or is it that a buddy will help you move, but a friend will help you move a dead buddy?
October 15, 2017, 08:35 PM
Ronin1069
quote:

That would be a brother, and a whole other level above friendship. I have a small handful of men I put into that category, but it is good knowing who they are.

An example....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
October 15, 2017, 08:39 PM
SPWAMike0317
The wisdom of the tappet bothers:
https://www.cartalk.com/content/friendship-0

IMHO, true friends are those you trust with your life. Consider upland hunting, those I trust with a loaded shotgun on the field. I can count those friends on the fingers of one hand and consider myself fortunate that I have so many.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?
October 16, 2017, 12:15 AM
apprentice
A buddy will bail you out of jail.

A friend will be sitting in jail next to you saying "Man, that was fucking awesome"!