SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Billing and payment methods.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Billing and payment methods. Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted
If you are going to bill me for a service like a medical co-pay and you give me two choices that consist of payment by check or by credit card (no online CC, just write the information on the bill and mail it back!) at least process the check in less than a damn month.

Pisses me off that some checks are out there for one or two months before they’re sent through for processing. I like to keep my debit card account up to date and the checks come through there.

My gun club that is staffed by non paid members processes dues payments by check within two weeks. The medical co-pay is now at three weeks and counting.

I was going to get a postal money order but at the last minute thought “oh, a medical facility, they should be pretty quick to run this through!”

I should have remembered the line from Animal House, “You f***** up, you trusted us!”

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8410 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well...at least now you can truly tell them, if they should call inquiring about your payment, "The check is in the mail."

Razz Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Medical offices are big offenders in this department. Taking a picture of your check for deposit is not something they do.

Posts: 17578 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
When my vehicle registration came due for renewal in December (expired on 12/31) I didn't get the notice in the mail until about the 15th. On it was an instruction to be sure and get the form and payment in soon, because it will take about 3 weeks to process it. "WTF! Why the hell didn't you sent me this a month ago?!" Fortunately they have an online renewal/payment option, so I didn't have to go down to their office and verbally ream somebody a new one. I had the new registration and tags in a week.

Posts: 7442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:

When my vehicle registration came due for renewal in December (expired on 12/31) I didn't get the notice in the mail until about the 15th. On it was an instruction to be sure and get the form and payment in soon, because it will take about 3 weeks to process it. "WTF! Why the hell didn't you sent me this a month ago?!"
If I do mine by mail, I keep a photocopy of the form and the check, figuring that if the DMV delays getting the renewed registration back to me, the copy of the paperwork that I sent might be helpful in the event of a traffic stop. Fortunately, I never had to test that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I've had a medical check not cashed within a month. I was surprised. But I keep a record via quicken.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20113 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I use CheckBuilder Pro. This highly recommended (V-Tail seal of approval) app prints the boiler plate, including the OCR line, on blank check stock -- way better than paying for checks from the bank, especially if you have several accounts.

The program is very flexible, many options for customizing your checks, including the option to print a line above the space for your signature, that says "Void after xx days."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And as of this morning STILL not processed.

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8410 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And as of today it’s one month ago I sent the check out…..

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Have you called them, perhaps it never arrived or they have lost it internally.

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I use CheckBuilder Pro. This highly recommended (V-Tail seal of approval) app prints the boiler plate, including the OCR line, on blank check stock...

So the checks are created through the app on your computer or phone, sent to your printer, and the check comes out of your printer with account and routing #, pay to, and amount, filled in?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7297 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
quote:
I use CheckBuilder Pro. This highly recommended (V-Tail seal of approval) app prints the boiler plate, including the OCR line, on blank check stock...
So the checks are created through the app on your computer or phone, sent to your printer, and the check comes out of your printer with account and routing #, pay to, and amount, filled in?
Sorta. Maybe. There are options:
  • You can print blank checks. These have just the boilerplate stuff, just like checks that you order from the bank. Use them just like the checks you get from the bank, they are essentially indistinguishable. Fill them in by hand, or by computer (as in the next option).

• Use a blank check, either as described in the previous option, or those provided by your bank, and fill in the fields like "Pay To," "Date", "Amount," "Memo," etc. on your computer, and print.

• You can also do both of the above options in one pass.
Take a look at the website for the product:

Tithttps://checkbuilderpro.comle

It's a small company, basically run by one guy, Marty Knapp. I have been using this for many years, I recommend it highly. Mr. Knapp is very responsive to tech support questions, although the need for that is pretty rare; the user manual is very comprehensive.

Some banks / credit unions will supply free checks for you, but if you have to pay for checks, the purchase cost of this app is probably offset by the cost of one order of checks from your bank's check printer.

It also gives you a lot of flexibility. Example: I wanted to make a donation to a charity, but I did not want to get on their mailing list. I used the CheckBuilder Pro app to spit out a couple checks that had my name, bank account information etc., but not my address, and made the donation. The charity got the donation, they have my name, but they have no way to get back in touch with me, which is what I wanted to accomplish.

It's really a great, well designed program. I use the Mac version, which was the original. Never looked at the Windows version, but I imagine it's very similar.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's really a great, well designed program. I use the Mac version, which was the original. Never looked at the Windows version, but I imagine it's very similar.

I can testify the check supplies are very reasonable. I looked at just the middle check and the three checks per page. The single check page was $42 for 500 which is about $0.08 a sheet. I looked at the 3 checks per sheet and it's $60 for 1,000 which is $0.06 per sheet.

When last I paid for preprinted checks around 2005, it was $0.10 a sheet for 3 checks per sheet. So considering inflation, I think their prices are very reasonable.

I would consider this if I was still doing paper checks; I write only 1 paper check a month.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20113 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About twice a month I want to throw money at a company for either services or merchandise.

And
They start telling me to jump through hoops .

I am effen sick of it.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55234 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just want the damn thing to clear. It’s a little thing but I want that forty dollars out of my account!

HRK, if they lost it that's going to be their problem. I won’t issue them another check unless they pay for the stop payment on the first one.

posted Hide Post
And it’s been thirty days now.

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I pay those type of medical bills by phone.
I call the number on the statement and put the amount on a credit card.
Bill is paid, and I get points on the card.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16650 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They didn’t have that option on the bill, just pay by check or write my CC information on the stub and mail it in. I should have called the billing problem number but I didn’t.

Today another invoice showed up and that one has an online address to use now.

I put a stop payment on the check today. My CU

may as a courtesy refund the stop payment charge, I’ll know tomorrow.

Not going to concern myself with future visits to them. Diagnosis that night was Covid, they wouldn’t prescribe Paxlovid or anything to control the really bad cough. Nor would they call my Cardiologist to consult with him, just sent me home. Great patient care. I was pretty. I h over the worst by then but the cough made it hard to sleep.

I called him that morning, he called in Paxlovid and a cough suppressant immediately.

posted Hide Post
Update:

My CU reversed the stop payment charge. One bright spot.