SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    More ghetto-tastic/white-trash-fabulous baby names...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More ghetto-tastic/white-trash-fabulous baby names... Login/Join 
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted
A while back, I posted a rant about ghetto/white-trash baby names and the extent to which they guarantee that the already disadvantaged child gets beaten down, every. day.

So, to any ghetto/white trash life that might stumble across THIS rant, please. I beg you, again. For the love of all that is good, before choosing a name that your child will carry for their ENTIRE LIFE, think.

I’ll actually go one better. Find someone in your circle of friends & family and run the name past them. This should ideally be somebody who had more talent at the whole “High School / Reading & Writing” thing than you. Write the proposed name on a piece of paper, and have them sound it out. See if it sounds like what YOU think it sounds like, and make sure you understand what that sound MEANS. That same literate person should check the dictionary just to be safe.

My “Name of the Day that demonstrates why this is a good policy?"

Mo’Ronn. Born November 2016. Go ahead. Sound it out.

As near as I can figure, Baby Momma is Mo[rest of name redacted to protect the guilty]. She's named each of her sex trophies Mo’[some variant of Baby Daddy’s name.] This baby might never actually MEET Ronnell, but she can thank mom and the DNA donor for ensuring that every person that ever reads her name out loud will have to suppress a chuckle first.

I won’t even get into the territory covered in past rants: Baby Daddy’s name backwards (James = Semaj) isn’t clever, it’s disturbing, and in this example makes him sound like a Serb war criminal. Naming your post-GWOT-baby “Jihad” is probably bad, too. Just don’t do it. They might want to take a commercial flight some day.

The unique names (wait, I actually had Unique in a prior case) certainly will make life easier for future investigators who need to discern THIS Jahnelle Williams from the other Jon'elle Williams in the world, but otherwise, it borders on child abuse. Please. Stop.

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Do you have LaRay Jones locked up?"

"No. We have a Larry Jones"

"It's pronounced LaRay"

"It's spelled Larry"

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
My two favorites:

Lavatorious and Vagina-qua

Posts: 1986 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about La-sha aka "Ladasha".

Posts: 124 | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I see many of 'those' names in the newspaper every day - in the Police Blotter column.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No kidding. Baby here in the hospital was named Dalove O'christ.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"How do you pronounce your first name?"

"What the hell does it look like?"

"Gibberish. Now, how do you pronounce it?"

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Receptacala Semana is my all time favorite.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I have a customer and name is "Female" pronounced "Fe Malie" nice touch. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I think the middle-upper class suburban names are just as bad. Nearly every kid that my daughters know either have a first name that sounds like a last name, or a name on a girl that sounds like it should be on a boy or vice versa.

I named both daughters and I tried hard to some up with names that were classic, but not trendy or common. They are also traditional girl names and nobody will ever have to ask them how it is spelled.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You Done Messed up A-Aron....Thanks Skins that was a good laugh.

Posts: 378 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone has to have the skills to find this and I'm not making this up. I'll give the city and the name of the local newspaper.
Police blotter had a person's name in it, wait for it,
Blessed Be Fudge.
City is Warren, Ohio and the local newspaper is called The Warren Tribune. It's been a few years but maybe someone has more skills than me.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
once arrested a dealer whose Momma must have been a movie go-er or semi-literate. His name was Dartanyan. So, okay, she didn't spell so good.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.tribtoday.com/news/...nd-jury-35-indicted/

My Google Fu is on tonight. Scroll through it and you'll see his name.
Tell me that's not the most fucked up name.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock or Something
Picture of Marc in FL
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine, who is a LEO, encountered a Lemonjello, pronounced La-mon-gel-lo, the other day. Seriously!

Posts: 1131 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once stopped a Korean lady for speeding:
Suk Ho Moon.
One of our local black hookers actual legal name:
Magnolia Thunderpussy.
Always fun to run her tag over the air!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This I saw when I waa teaching at a community college. I was calling roll and called the name Aaron. He did not answer, I called it again, and he did not answer. The finally, he said here. One of the other guys said do you mean A A Ron? Everybody laughed except me. I admitted that there might be a generation gap here. So at break time one of the guys showed me the above video. It was funny. Aaron who I was calling was just not paying attention and was pretty mad when the guys called him the other name.
He had been a sniper in Afghanistan, so I would not have said that had I been his classmate.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a page or so in "Unintended Consequences" that explained the reason for the unusual names. Of course, there was a guy named Claude Balls that was the mayor of Ft. Wayne, IN.

Posts: 89 | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Love Lee Jones, a guy.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post