SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Kroger Pharmacy steps up!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kroger Pharmacy steps up! Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted
I have a three month cushion for all my prescriptions, last fill was in early November. Last night I open a bottle of generic Crestor from then and the foil seal was previously opened and fifteen of the thirty tablets were gone. The other two bottles were still sealed.

So following how my luck usually goes I figure that I’m SOL because three months have passed since I picked it up and it’ll be an out of pocket expense. So before work I go in and prepared to pay.

Spoke to the pharmacist and he said “I see the problem, see the green “x”? That means this is a partial bottle, you were given that as a mistake.” Turns, gets another bottle and hands it to me.

Mistakes can and do occur, it’s nice when someone steps up and makes it right without drama.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8410 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Walgreens kinda did the same thing. Got my perscrip home and was going to consolidate it into an already open bottle. When I unscrewed the cap, it looked like it was a little shy of 30 pills...when I counted, there were only 20.

I called Walgreens and the pharmacist said I was given that in error to have my 3 prescrips align with each other in terms of renewal date. Said it was a mistake and told me to come by for the other 10 pills. About 30 minutes later, I was rolling through the drive-thru to pick them up at no charge (had already paid for 30).

Kudos, Walgreens!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Man, that would've been helpful [maybe] a few years ago when we were struggling to find a full refill for my daughter's meds.

She was taking dexmethylphenidate for ADHD, and we'd found that a particular manufacturer had adverse side effects, so we had a note on her file to not use that one.
We were down to needing to fill a refill and I called 25 pharmacies in further & further radius from home, and could not find anyone with a full refill.

But, given it's a schedule __ drug [can't recall] I'm not sure if they'd allow 2 partial fills.
Moot now, as we had enough to wean her off of it & she's been great without it since. Upside as well, she got her appetite back & got back to a healthy weight.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
I have to admit, I had to deal with Kroger pharmacy for moms meds when she was still alive, and they were always great. I even used them for our previous dogs meds, when he had ccl done, and they were the cheapest price, and willing to fill the script for our dog. And when I say cheapest, it was a huge difference, like $100 less. Have no problems using them when if I need something. Unfortunately, my work ins insists I use cvs, and they are at least closer to me than Kroger.

Posts: 1154 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did have some problems with them just after things started opening up in 2020 but those could mostly be attributed to the pharmacy manager at that time. She didn’t last long there and I shed no tears upon her departure.

One of my regular prescriptions is not covered by my insurer and they are the cheapest around here.

And as a plus a couple years back I stopped one time after work and found out they had the Senior flu vaccine in limited quantities. The pharmacist said “Let’s get it done now”. So I went into the little cubicle and I couldn’t get the long sleeve up far enough so she requested I remove my shirt.

Well, after work involved CCW’ing, I’m trying to turn away from her and cover my pistol when she asks me (thirty something pharmacist) if I was uncomfortable removing my shirt in her presence. I said “Well uh, I have something here you might not be at ease with”. She then replied “A gun? I have no problem with that.”

Bummer though, she transferred out a few months later.

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8410 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
At least it was a straight up error that the pharmacist recognized.

I’ll have to think about having a three month supply on hand. I think the insurance keeps tabs on that so I’m not sure how to get around that.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20113 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I've had them give me a partial refill before when they didn't have enough for a full one and I had some travel coming up.

But what really sticks in my craw is there is something in their computer flags my driver license such that they will not sell me Zyrtec-D. I need it maybe once every year or two, but when I need it, I am desperate. I was on a motorcycle trip to CA once and was in misery from sinus issues. I walked over to Ralph's and they would not let me buy it. But then they asked for my Fry's club card and that worked! WTF?

Posts: 3707 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I've had the opposite happen to me. I get 90day supplies for my 3 Rx's... Last year my scripts were due and I looked at my one pill a day bottle of statens and I still had something like a 100 left. Seems they counted out 180 the last time I had gotten a refill. What gripes me is I order a refill in the morning at Publix Pharmacy and it takes them over a day to do it... how hard is it to count out pills? I thought these people went to College for a couple of years to learn how to do this... seems they could do it right.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

What gripes me is I order a refill in the morning at Publix Pharmacy and it takes them over a day to do it.
There are a LOT of prescriptions in the queue. Publix pharmacies stay pretty busy. Many people prefer them, for good reason, to Walmart, CVS, Walgreen, etc.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m1009:
Unfortunately, my work ins insists I use cvs,

I sympathize. But double check on that directly with your insurer. There are lots of pharmacies in the CVS/Caremark network. CVS just doesn’t like to advertise that for obvious reasons.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16321 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I've had the opposite happen to me. I get 90day supplies for my 3 Rx's... Last year my scripts were due and I looked at my one pill a day bottle of statens and I still had something like a 100 left. Seems they counted out 180 the last time I had gotten a refill. What gripes me is I order a refill in the morning at Publix Pharmacy and it takes them over a day to do it... how hard is it to count out pills? I thought these people went to College for a couple of years to learn how to do this... seems they could do it right.

I had some issues with Kroger and their automated refill system notifications a few years back. To be fair this was just post lockdown. Notified by phone that my prescriptions were ready for pickup twice and went to the store to find nothing there. Spoke to the pharmacy manager only to be dismissively told “I need to listen to my voicemails carefully as clearly I misunderstood what was said.”

Well to her bad luck I’m terrible about deleting emails and voicemails on my phone. So I showed the date and time stamp to her and played both messages back for her. So after that I left the store and got about a mile or so away when my phone rang again. Another automated message regarding a prescription being ready for pickup.
So back to the store I go, guess who waits on me. I said “I just got another call…” and she answered “Well I saw that back there when you were here but I didn’t think you wanted to take only one!”

Let’s just say she didn’t like my response. I called the customer care or hate er it’s called number and expressed my displeasure. She transferred out a couple of months later for whatever reason, I shed no tears.