SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ball cap makers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ball cap makers Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
You mean like one of these?

Them's the ones. Hate 'em.

I agree with you on the plastic jobbers.

Almost all of my regular wear caps (almost all F1 hats) use this type adjuster. I have one that gets uncomfortable due to pressure of the clip on the back of my head, bit otherwise have no complaints with them, once well adjusted.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I have a giant head
Well, you do seem to know a lot of stuff. You need the storage space in order to retain it. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Looked at the three Sig hats I have...

My favorite... just Sig, dark green waxed cloth has a buckle

Sig Academy, ligher Gray/Green has Velcro

Legion has the plastic snap tabs....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Fitted hats are the only way to go. Far more comfortable than adjustable. Flexfit caps are okay and fill the void, and are still far superior to adjustable caps, but are still lacking in comfort to a fitted cap.

I hate the little button on top as well. You know what fixes it really quick? A pair of dykes. I simply massage the blades under the button, and when I know I’m metal on metal and no fabric is in the way, cut it. The rivet piece comes out from the inside, and the button falls off. There is a small hole, but this is where the six pieces of fabric come together anyways. Looks fine. Far better than having the silly button.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

A pair of dykes.
It took a lot of will power, but I managed to restrain myself.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

A pair of dykes.
It took a lot of will power, but I managed to restrain myself.

And you said I was a bad man...

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hate the little button on top as well. You know what fixes it really quick? A pair of dykes. I simply massage the blades under the button, and when I know I’m metal on metal and no fabric is in the way, cut it. The rivet piece comes out from the inside, and the button falls off. There is a small hole, but this is where the six pieces of fabric come together anyways. Looks fine. Far better than having the silly button.

Better yet, I pop the button off with a screwdriver. Stick it between the button and hat, give it a twist, and the button pops off. Then just pull the pin out from the inside of the hat.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PHPaul:

And while we're on about hats, LOSE THE DAMNED BUTTON ON TOP!

We would remove the button off our caps when hanging drywall on ceilings.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
Just ran into this today. Wanted a new hat after my previous one got sweaty and my wife ran it through the washer and dryer... now it fits the cat.

Found one I liked without the hat nipple and bought it immediately.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ball caps with velcro closures are much better than the metal buckles for swatting flies in the front window of your pickup.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post