SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS ruins piece of history
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS ruins piece of history Login/Join 
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who responded. Hindsight being 20/20 I think there may be some truth to what was said about an internal crack or something that gave way in transit. And as someone else mentioned it’s possible my FFL dropped it and didn’t fess up. Who knows.

My post was emotional because I was pissed at losing such a unique rifle. And while I feel my anger was justified, lashing out blindly about the USPS without proof was wrong. I apologize for doing so and to those who work for them.

For those keeping score, the rifle went back to the seller who had it insured when shipped. I’m awaiting my refund to arrive.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6731 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry the rifle was damaged. Thankfully you’re getting a full refund. I hope you find an even nicer 1903 soon for a few dollars less. I’ve never dealt with something being damaged in shipping. The seller had the item insured which is a good idea. How does this work for the seller. Obviously he sends the buyer his refund and he has the rifle back. He will now get an insurance check I’m assuming. What is the amount of the check ie full value of the rifle or the amount to do the repair? If he gets the full value of the rifle does he keep the rifle as well or is it sent to the insurance company?

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post