SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Can we get rid of all the curbside pickup spots at the stores now?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can we get rid of all the curbside pickup spots at the stores now? Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
Every dang store has them and now they are always empty. Just stopped at the liquor store and they have 4 and not a single one was in use. Everyone is going inside now so I think it’s time to roll those up.

And while we are at it let’s get rid of all reserved spots other than handicap parking. The Home Depot I was at the other day had 4 spots for Purple Heart recipients. While I appreciate the gesture, it’s doubtful that 4 Purple Heart recipients without handicapped plates will be at HD at the same time. They were all empty.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I went to Publix earlier today. I parked in one of those spots. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
If I thought it might be faster I'd use the service. After trying Home Depot's buy online, pick up at store. Never again. I ordered stuff thinking it'd all be there ready and waiting for me, nope. Waiting in line at customer service, then once I got to the front of the line. they pulled my order. Took 30 minutes vs the 15 it would have taken doing normal shopping.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

let’s get rid of all reserved spots other than handicap parking.
The Lowe's store in Apopka has handicap parking and Veteran parking. I wasn't sure which one to use so I straddled the line and used half of each space. Razz

Some of the grocery stores have reserved spots for police. I have never seen a police car in one of these spaces, but I frequently see police cars right in front of the store entrance, parked in a "No Parking Or Standing -- Fire Lane" zone.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Straddling parking spots are reserved for half ass veterans only. I have parked in those police spots. The sign was ten feet in the air so it was not clearly visible.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]And while we are at it let’s get rid of all reserved spots other than handicap parking. The Home Depot I was at the other day had 4 spots for Purple Heart recipients. While I appreciate the gesture, it’s doubtful that 4 Purple Heart recipients without handicapped plates will be at HD at the same time. They were all empty.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Stork parking is frequently empty. Must not have many bird lovers here.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stork parking is frequently empty.
I have been known to identify as a bird.

A Karen yelled at me once for doing that. I said, "so call a cop!" and kept walking.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Stork parking is okay, but if they are delivering a fat kid, they will need a crane

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I park in the pro parking spots at HD. I’m not a pro member but I get HD pro spam email so I figure I’m allowed to park there Wink.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I use them around here still. Despite the rollback of the face diaper mandate, lots of stores around here still require them.

I refuse to wear one. So, if you won't let me in the store, I'm fine with one of your employees walking my order out to my car.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Agree with OP. Too many stores allocate too many spaces that aren't being used. So, I use them.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I think many will still use the service, not me. I park out a ways, then walk. I don’t like tight parking spots, often the dog is with me too.

No I don’t lock her in a hot vehicle either.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stork parking is okay, but if they are delivering a fat kid, they will need a crane

I see what you did there! Wink

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Agree with OP. Too many stores allocate too many spaces that aren't being used. So, I use them.

I use the electric charging spots often at my local Kroger. They do have quite a few dedicated to pickup but the are not prime spots.

A roofing company left a card in my door at home the other day, I used it to let someone know that they parked like a douche. Does that make me a bad person?

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
A roofing company left a card in my door at home the other day, I used it to let someone know that they parked like a douche. Does that make me a bad person?

That’s actually pretty funny.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I kind of enjoyed the service at Home Depot or Lowes.
Nice to have them go pull the mdse and load it with no waiting in line.
They weren't all that happy when I ordered a b bunch of concrete bags and supplies for a patio last year.
Oh well. Smile

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goingbroke
posted Hide Post
...just more assininety from the plandemic!

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." - Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 5059 | Location: South of Atlanta | Registered: July 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems like some stores really have a good system. Our Target tracks you after you tell them you're on your way and they are often standing at the spot with your items. Very fast and efficient for the kind of supplies I get there.

Home Depot has never been particularly great at it for me. Often a long wait once you arrive. I haven't used that one in a while.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
The number of spots reserved is absurd. We do use the feature bi weekly for groceries and honestly may continue to do so until it's unavailable or cost prohibitive. We grocery shop on a bi weekly basis and would typically take 2-3 hours to complete the task. By using the curbside feature I have that time back and can get other things accomplished during that time.

We use it more out of convenience and saving time than anything else. There's been a number of times I've tried to use it by placing an order in the morning intending to pick up in the afternoon. If it's not ready by the time I need to have it we cancel the order and I'll go in (unmasked) and get what we need.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post