SIGforum
cash withdrawal from bank

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/4780083874

January 07, 2021, 04:44 AM
oldbill123
cash withdrawal from bank
When withdrawing cash the last few times I have noticed they no longer count it back to me. Today, they neither counted it nor put it in an envelope. Is this the new standard or is my branch lazy ?
January 07, 2021, 05:32 AM
Pale Horse
My bank still does both, unless it’s a small sum and then they skip the envelope and when it’s larger they ask first.

Though when it’s a larger amount of money I prefer that they don’t count it back to me out loud. I’m not a fan of everyone in earshot knowing I’ve got a few grand on me. When I give the teller the slip I ask that they not count it back to me out loud. Usually they will still lay the money down bill by bill but they just won’t count it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
January 07, 2021, 08:20 AM
molachi
I use a credit union and they count the money to me and ask if I want an envelope.
January 07, 2021, 09:34 AM
ptruck
Bank lobby are still closed so I have to go thru the drive up. Cash is placed in an envelope.
January 07, 2021, 10:49 AM
bendable
mine counts everything under a $100.00,and no envelope.

everything over $100.00, no counting in an envelope

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
January 07, 2021, 12:04 PM
oldbill123
Thanks
I was the only customer in the branch at the time
January 07, 2021, 12:36 PM
HRK
We have Tilly the Teller, she just sucks the card out of my hand, demands I push her buttons and then spits out the cash, no counting, no envelope just here, take it, then go...
January 07, 2021, 02:59 PM
ZSMICHAEL
[quote]When withdrawing cash the last few times I have noticed they no longer count it back to me. Today, they neither counted it nor put it in an envelope. Is this the new standard or is my branch lazy ?
^^^^
These protocols are set by the bank. Talk to the manager if want it changed. Believe the tellers just do what they are told.
January 07, 2021, 06:21 PM
mikeyspizza
My Wells Fargo branch is closed except by appt.

I withdrew $9,000 cash twice over 2 days at drive thru. Both time it's stuck in an envelope.

And, the contractor I gave them to just took the envelopes. I'm sure he counted later, as did I.
January 07, 2021, 06:47 PM
71 TRUCK
My bank always counts back to me quietly, I always grab an envelope my self.
The bank I go to keeps them on the tellers window counter.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member
January 07, 2021, 10:40 PM
Aeteocles
My bank just tilts the money counter machine so I can see it and they run the bills through twice.
January 07, 2021, 10:45 PM
Jelly
quote:
Originally posted by ptruck:
Bank lobby are still closed so I have to go thru the drive up. Cash is placed in an envelope.
Same thing here.
January 08, 2021, 10:44 PM
rtquig
I do my banking at BoA. Our town only has an ATM for cash, no tellers. If I want to use a teller, the nearest is 25 mile away.

Living the Dream
January 09, 2021, 05:47 PM
Blume9mm
back when I could go inside... the teller would count it twice.. I alway counted it when they first counted it for themselves... and did not pay attention when they count it out for me.

Now the only option is drive through.. and this past week they started cutting back on the hours for that.... I guess they are following the post office's lead.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
January 09, 2021, 10:50 PM
Krazeehorse
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
My Wells Fargo branch is closed except by appt.

I withdrew $9,000 cash twice over 2 days at drive thru. Both time it's stuck in an envelope.

And, the contractor I gave them to just took the envelopes. I'm sure he counted later, as did I.

I make the recipient count my payment in front of me. Eliminates the chance of them telling you later you were short.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.