SIGforum
Head banging music on “how to” TV shows

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/4750070894

January 22, 2023, 10:05 AM
Tn226
Head banging music on “how to” TV shows
Happened across Truck U this morning and it reminded me how obnoxious music tracks on these shows are.

Mute button helps
January 22, 2023, 02:35 PM
HRK

January 22, 2023, 06:42 PM
PHPaul
I've lost track of how many otherwise interesting YouTube videos I've exited because of the obnoxious music.

Especially motor-head stuff. I WANT TO HEAR THE DAMN ENGINE, not your execrable taste in "music".

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
January 22, 2023, 10:19 PM
Rey HRH
I don't watch much "how to" tv shows but I have noticed programs playing scene music that doesn't go at all with the scene. It's like they went on the cheap and paid someone who doesn't know a thing to put the scene music in.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
January 23, 2023, 07:00 AM
SIGnified
Why would you think that some YouTuber has good video and audio production skills? It’s not television.

I’ve spent the last week watching a lot of “masterclass“sessions for a particular skill set. Highly valuable to me.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein
January 23, 2023, 10:22 AM
Ryanp225
Better than whiney gay pop they call "country" nowadays.
I'd rather hear some bad ass guitar riffs than some metrosexual singing about dirt roads with a bud light.
January 23, 2023, 10:46 AM
DoctorSolo
Chunky riffs in the background or GTFO!

It can be much much worse...
January 23, 2023, 01:41 PM
dan03833
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
Happened across Truck U this morning and it reminded me how obnoxious music tracks on these shows are.

Mute button helps

The thing I hate about Truck U in particular and the other shows like is, the last 10 or twelve minutes of them the hosts spend selling sponsor products
January 26, 2023, 03:55 AM
egregore
The only one of these "gearhead" shows I watch is Fantomworks. It shows what goes on in a real repair shop (because it is one), including all the shit that goes wrong.