SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Hyundai commercial
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hyundai commercial Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
There is a commercial that features a Hyundai Tucson that pulled up to a bar/restaurant and the parking space is too tight. The occupants get out of the car and it has a feature that allows the car to park itself in that very tight spot. So, you do that and the people that are parked already get fucked and can't get into their cars because you parked so close to them. That commercial really aggravates me!

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Absolutely. Hyundai should not be encouraging that kind of behavior.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well if you live in Chicago that type of parking is not an issue. Tow the bastards. There are other methods as well but no need to discuss.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Typical me me me type of attitude. It's a mental epidemic. Now we know why phone numbers are pasted inside the windows of cars in korea. Call the owner to tell him to move his friggin car.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
There is a commercial that features a Hyundai Tucson that pulled up to a bar/restaurant and the parking space is too tight. The occupants get out of the car and it has a feature that allows the car to park itself in that very tight spot.

I haven't seen the one featuring the Tucson, but saw the Super Bowl commercial with the Sonata and it's "Remote Parking Assist"

The point was it allowed you to park into spaces where the other cars were crowding (over the line) your space...in essence taking up two spaces

quote:
So, you do that and the people that are parked already get fucked and can't get into their cars because you parked so close to them. That commercial really aggravates me!

As long as you're parked within the lines of your space, you haven't done anything wrong. I think when folks park over the line, they deserve to be inconvenienced when they return. Otherwise, you'd be rewarding folks who take up two spaces when parking

Actually you'd only be blocking one driver from getting in, the car on the other side of you would have the driver's door away from your car

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14180 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Being sneaky, they get it so the Hyundai can park closer than anybody else's car.

That way more people will need a new car when the Hyundai catches fire.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:

As long as you're parked within the lines of your space, you haven't done anything wrong. I think when folks park over the line, they deserve to be inconvenienced when they return. Otherwise, you'd be rewarding folks who take up two spaces when parking
Agreed. I remember the day that I got to the local Post Office and the parking lot was really full. The only slot that was available was a partial one at the end, curb and grass on the left side and a two-space Corvette on the right. With my driver side wheels next to the curb, there was maybe five or six inches clearance on my right, definitely not enough for the Corvette driver door to open.

I went into the Post Office, stood on line for twenty minutes or so, mailed my package, and went back out to the parking lot, where there were a couple of very angry dudes at the Corvette. I smiled, waved, called a cheery "Hi, how's it going?" and got into my car and started backing out. Angry dudes started banging on my trunk, maybe worried that I was going to scratch their precious plastic car; I kept backing out, figuring correctly that they would get out of the way. They jumped into the Corvette and started following me. No way I was going to show them my house, so I drove to the local city HQ building and they followed me into the parking lot, but changed their minds and kept going when they saw that I had pulled into a "Reserved for Police" slot (I am not a cop, but I thought it was a good idea at the time). Never saw the dudes again, but I bet they'll think twice before taking two slots again in a crowded parking lot.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
To the OP,

I’m glad you posted this. I saw this commercial, not very long ago and thought the same thing, now you’re totally screwed the people parked on either side of you. What a dick move.

SNL gets it right once in awhile…

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Give it a year. Wait and see how many door nicks the smaht pahk car has along the sides. Oh, and maybe a boot outline, too.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of this:

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Your new fancy POS CUV you park like that and get door dings the first night? Marketing, stupidity, Idiocracy.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post