SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Summer colds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Summer colds Login/Join 
posted
Or in my case, colds in general. Since May I've caught a cold twice, both times causing me to stay home or even remain bed ridden like this latest one has done. And it doesn't help that I'm one of those "compromised immune system" persons. Ironic that when I caught COVID it wasn't that much of big deal. But a 'common' cold? Typically down for the count (sigh).

-MG

Posts: 2203 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to get a summer cold and two or three others every year till I quit smoking.
Now I get a cold maybe once every three years and it lasts a few days. Quit 24 years ago.
I hope you can get over yours, it sucks having a cold in July.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
It really does suck. I’ve been battling 1 during our heat wave (which lasts a very short time where I live), and I am so bitter about it! Grrrrr!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5496 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
At a month of dealing with some sinus crap.

A week of prednisone didn’t really help. Sore throat, fluid in both ears, post nasal drip, feel like crap. Night sweats, all that fun stuff.

Went back yesterday and got antibiotics.

I’m ready for it to go the hell away at this point. Hadn’t been sick in a long time prior.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11463 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Or in my case, colds in general. Since May I've caught a cold twice, both times causing me to stay home or even remain bed ridden like this latest one has done. And it doesn't help that I'm one of those "compromised immune system" persons. Ironic that when I caught COVID it wasn't that much of big deal. But a 'common' cold? Typically down for the count (sigh).

I take Zinc, Vitamin C, and D plus an immune booster daily and I haven't had a cold since 2020. Prior to starting my daily vitamin regimen I was good for at least 3 or 4 colds throughout the year but now none, not even a hint of a cold. The Vitamins can be a little pricey but they definitely help keep me cold free so worth the investment.

Posts: 1708 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:

I take Zinc, Vitamin C, and D plus an immune booster daily and I haven't had a cold since 2020.
Yeah, I do that and I have become a compulsive hand-washer. I have managed to stay cold-free for many years.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31370 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post