SIGforum
Bias censorship on a local news website

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/4630094444

July 16, 2018, 04:42 PM
BuckRogers2000
Bias censorship on a local news website
We have a local news station, that also has a pretty good website. It's so popular, a majority of Utahans buy sell and trade stuff on it.

Unfortunately for me, at least one of their censors regularly deletes my comments.

The only motive I can fathom is that he or she doesn't agree with some, about half, of my views. I don't swear or threaten anybody/anything.

It's kind of obvious this is a church-run, anti 2A outfit. The comments they allow give it away. I don't really care what their theological bent is, as long as they're fair.

Other than that, it's a pretty good news venue.
July 17, 2018, 03:50 PM
Aquabird
Can you contact them and ask? Can you post a comment asking?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
July 17, 2018, 04:30 PM
BuckRogers2000
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Can you contact them and ask? Can you post a comment asking?

I haven't tried, yet. They actually have an area where you can examine how many posts you've had and the number of approved and rejected posts. I never really looked too deeply into their "Contact us" menu, until you asked the question.

I'll probably give it a go, after formulating my question to reflect that I haven't violated any of their policies.
July 17, 2018, 06:39 PM
Bytes
KSL.com? I've not visited their site since they dropped the guns for sale section. I haven't watched their TV station since then either. I thought I might have a problem with Sunday Night Football but the NFL take a knee settled that issue for me.