SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ammo prices in Classifieds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo prices in Classifieds Login/Join 
Picture of tweedcab
posted
All, what is your take on someone who is trying to sell a case of ammunition in the classified section at about $100 more than one can get it for today. Readily available for at least the past three weeks, and I'm talking about exact manufacturer exact round count and exact bullet weight. I'm not about to call anybody out on their ad, but it's pretty discouraging considering we have a mantra here about keeping things fair and the notion that one shouldn't come to this forum and try and capitalize on our membership. SF is 99% the most fair place to deal. I'm not talking about a per box price either I'm talking about the cost of the ammunition itself, the handling fee, the shipping costs, and the tax all come out to about $100 less then the ammo is being offered for in the Forum. 10 seconds on AmmoSeek would reveal what the ammo is going for. Thats my bitch for today, and before anybody says to just go buy it from the online store, realize that's not what this is about. I just don't want to see someone taking advantage of others in the Forum.

Posts: 333 | Registered: October 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Price gouging is not to be encouraged. However, I like to think our forum members are intelligent shoppers.

Posts: 17164 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I agree with ZSMichael. Most of our forum members are pretty savvy regarding ammo prices, so if they want to purchase some, they will. My guess is the dealer will be moving his ad to some other site where their members are more gullible.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ggile,

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2072 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
I agree with ZSMichael. Most of our forum members are pretty savvy regarding ammo prices, so if they want to purchase some, they will. My guess is the dealer will be moving his ad to some other site where their members are less gullible.

And the boss tends to weed out the scalpers - when he sees them. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tweedcab
posted Hide Post
I agree with you guys completely. Good aspects of the SF.

Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
"Intentional" scalpers are likely to get ridden out on a rail at SF.

I've had sellers send items prior to actually receiving my payment, solely on my word that I'd dropped the check/MO into the mail. I've done the same a few times as a seller. The membership here is considerably more trustworthy than the gun world at large.

Posts: 2449 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Agree with Dennis.

Problems of any sort are pretty small in the Classifieds here.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I just move along, same as at a gunshow. I’m not much of an ammo buyer anyway, in the middle of more 223 reloading now too.

Much of anything is usually for sale at a gun show, just have to pay the current market price.

Posts: 6128 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tweedcab:
All, what is your take on someone who is trying to sell a case of ammunition in the classified section at about $100 more than one can get it for today.

You mean like a group buy?

Posts: 22843 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
All, what is your take on someone who is trying to sell a case of ammunition in the classified section at about $100 more than one can get it for today.

Exactly. I see used things quite often and ammo really often that I can get cheaper new. I just move on. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything.

Posts: 3872 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Read on. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy.

Posts: 9442 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not a fan of scalpers, but I also believe the market determines the price so if someone is willing to pay $50 for a box of 9 then obviously that box of 9 was worth $50

And if I don’t like or agree with someone’s price I just move on. It might be worth it to somebody.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tweedcab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:

No, like a regular post.