SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    When did the left lane become the slow lane?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When did the left lane become the slow lane? Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then why have a speed limit?

For the same reason they have laws designating the left lane for passing.

There have actually been several studies done on driving, speed limits, signage, etc. The long & short of it is that it doesn't matter. Driving slower than those around you actually makes you multiple times more likely to be involved in an accident, and generally the majority of the traffic will move at a "safe" speed all on its own.

But it is a revenue generator.........

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am extra cautious when passing in the right hand lane. I keep a close eye on the mug in the left lane in case he (or she) wakes up and suddenly jerks the wheel to the right. Accident City! That right there deserves a public beating. I don’t trust drivers.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Every time I see one of these threads where the entitled think they should be breaking all sorts of speed laws get butthurt of someone driving what they consider "too slow" in THEIR LANE BY GOD, I just have to laugh!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let the butthurt flow.

Y'all need some 5 lane bumper to bumper traffic jam 5 days a week from sunup to sundown for a good decade or so.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Every time I see one of these threads where the entitled think they should be breaking all sorts of speed laws get butthurt

Not much different than those where the entitled think they should be breaking all sorts of lane usage laws and get butthurt.

It's not overly complicated. You can be breaking one law while not breaking another. You could be breaking more than one law at the same time, or you could not be breaking any laws at all.

But I do find it curious that one lawbreaker seems content admonishing other lawbreakers as if they aren't one in the same.

quote:
HB 459 revises O.C.G.A. § 40-6-184 (Impeding Traffic Flow / Minimum Speed Requirement) by adding a new subsection (c). New law effective July 1, 2014.

No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation.........

(c) Upon roads, streets, or highways with two or more lanes allowing for movement in the

same direction, no person shall continue to operate a motor vehicle in the passing lane once

such person knows or should reasonably know that he or she is being overtaken in such

lane from the rear by a motor vehicle traveling at a higher rate of speed. For purposes of

this Code section, ‘passing lane’ means the most left-hand lane other than a high occupancy

vehicle lane.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

It's not overly complicated.

See, just do the posted.

Not complicated at all.

LOL

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
See, just do the posted.

Not complicated at all.

LOL

See, just yield the passing lane. Not complicated at all. "Driving the posted" is illegal in GA if doing so results in people properly using the passing lane being prevented from passing.

I even posted the law for you. Drive whatever speed you want, but if you're not passing you need to be driving that speed in any lane other than that on the far left.

According to a traffic ticket attorney's site:

15-18 MPH over the limit is a misdemeanor, adds 2 points to your license, and a fine of up to $1,000.

Failing to yield the passing lane appears to also be a misdemeanor, but adds 3 points to your license, and a fine of up to $1,000.

Looks to me like failing to yield that lane is more egregious than exceeding "the posted" in the eyes of the law.

www.zykansafe.com

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
LOL, you failed to post what the superspeeder laws are.

99% of the left lane shitbags are pushing the dollar mark.

You are all butthurt justifying breaking the laws because someone else is breaking the law preventing you from breaking the law.

Your "argument" is ridiculous. Keep the clown world coming.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
LOL, you failed to post what the superspeeder laws are.

Doesn't matter what the superspeeder laws are. To my knowledge all traffic fines for speeding are based on the amount of speed over the limit.

But in this case, the law says that the left lane is to be used for passing. Period. Doesn't matter how fast you're driving, or how fast the other person is driving.

You're projecting a bit as far as the butthurt goes. I don't know what it is that makes you feel entitled to violate the passing laws, I'm simply pointing out that you are.

I'm also not arguing. I'm simply telling you how it is. Sorry it butthurts you to know that those preventing others from passing, regardless of the speeds involved, are also violating the law.

If you want to enforce traffic laws get yourself a job in law enforcement. I hear they're all hiring. Only in clown world would one violator advocate breaking one traffic code while bemoaning others doing the same.

You shouldn't speed, and you shouldn't drive in the passing lane without passing others. You're arguing that you should be able to prevent others from passing simply because you're not speeding. The posted speed limit has nothing, zero, nada, to do with the laws governing lane use/passing/yielding to other traffic.

So, yeah. Keep that clown world coming.

www.zykansafe.com

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
You're arguing that you should be able to prevent others from passing simply because you're not speeding.

You have serious comprehension issues.

Nowhere did I argue that. However you want to break the law and are crying about someone else breaking the law, preventing you to do so.

There's nothing wrong with driving the posted, except in clown world.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
You have serious comprehension issues.

I sure don't. You and your brother have argued this in here, wrongly I may add, on more than one occasion. It's not a comprehension issue on my part, it's a memory issue on yours.

quote:
However you want to break the law and are crying about someone else breaking the law, preventing you to do so.

There's that projection from you again. I don't want to break any law, nor am I crying about somebody else breaking the law.

I'm merely pointing out the laws for those who do break the law (and that includes those who refuse to yield the left lane to passing traffic).

quote:
There's nothing wrong with driving the posted

And now we get back to who has comprehension skills. I posted the law as it relates to passing traffic. Go ahead and point out the portion of the law that excempts those "driving the posted".

You may notice that's not there which means that "driving the posted" while "not passing traffic to your right" or "yielding the lane to faster traffic" is indeed wrong. Not only wrong, but illegal.

But you go ahead officer Mars. Stop them evil speeders from getting around you. You'll show em! Your moral high ground has been noted.

www.zykansafe.com

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:

But you go ahead officer Mars. Stop them evil speeders from getting around you. You'll show em! Your moral high ground has been noted.

Where did I say I clog up the left lane?

SHOW ME

Fucking clown.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where did I say I clog up the left lane?

SHOW ME

Fucking clown.

Where did I say you clog up the left lane?

SHOW ME

Clown.

I'm assuming English is your first language?

But while we are on the topic, how about some of these gems. They certainly show that you have been passionately incorrect about this topic in the past:

6/30/21 https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...250060384#7250060384

quote:
Failure to yield? To some speeding asshole?

Hahahahahahaha

Yup. That's what the law says. If you don't move out of the way for "some speeding asshole" you are guilty of failing to yield the lane.

quote:
Nowhere it says you have to yield to some speeding nutcase.

Yes. That's exactly what the law says.

quote:
Once you pass a car going less than the posted, you must move back over, otherwise you are just another speeder using the left lane as their personal autobahn.

No, that's not what the law says at all. The law is very clear in that speed is not a factor at all.

In that thread you were engaged in the same tactics, but instead of calling people butthurt you were proclaiming you were striking nerves.

You sure seem to have it out for those who utilize the passing lane to pass even if their speed is "over the posted". Seems very odd.

www.zykansafe.com

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The judge will tell you that you can only pass at the posted.

Flail around in your clown world. NOWHERE have I advocated clogging the left lane.

Enjoy being wrong. Now just go fuck yourself.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
The judge will tell you that you can only pass at the posted.

Enjoy being wrong.

There it is! You mentioned that before. You're all bent out of shape because at some point in the past you got a ticket and had to appear in a court room. Congradulations!

Still trying to figure out what I'm wrong about. It is illegal to exceed the speed limit. It is illegal to refuse to yield to passing traffic. Both can be true at the same time, yet you're so hyper-focused on the speed laws when they have nothing to do with the passing laws.

The Judge (hopefully) would read the statute and apply the law as written. And as written, the passing laws say nothing about one's speed.

www.zykansafe.com