SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Pronouns
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pronouns Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
So we got an e-mail at work encouraging us all to use preferred pronouns in the signature lines of our e-mails.

Dude, Bro and Brah were not what they were expecting.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11745 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Hah!! Dude is my personal fav.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5273 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I identify as a king, and you will address me as Your Magesty.

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Call me Irishwind. Anti-noun/Pro-adverb.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I am "El Conquistador"!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Glad that'll never happen under the current leadership at my office.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15133 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Put down Marxist and get a corner office with private parking space

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
So we got an e-mail at work encouraging us all to use preferred pronouns in the signature lines of our e-mails.
I wouldn't repond to this nonsense, nor would I follow their "encouragement".

The thing that gets me is that 99 or more percent of people know this is all nothing but pure bullshit, but so many go along with it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107227 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Call me Irishwind. Anti-noun/Pro-adverb.

quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
I am "El Conquistador"!

They are both ethnocentric, so therefore not inclusive and implies racial superiority. That is hurtful to us all. Razz

Posts: 2638 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The only time I've run into this lately is when I went to a job fair at the local university.

They had adhesive nametag stickers (similar to the old "Hello, my name is:" type) where students attending the job fair could write their name and their preferred pronouns.

Funnily enough, I don't recall speaking with any students whose preferred pronouns different from the apparent biological sex, thus rendering the whole exercise pointless. But I'm sure it made someone, somewhere, feel good about themselves.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16603 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Prosecute/Fauci

Posts: 9104 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UpTheIrons
posted Hide Post
Toast/Toaster/Toasted

Next.

“I used to be totally into Steve Vai and Joe Satriani and other shredders, and I tried to emulate what they did and really grow as a guitarist,” Mr. Hanneman said in “Louder Than Hell.” “Then I said, ‘I don’t think I’m that talented, but more important, I don’t care.’ ”

Posts: 1726 | Location: Arizona Territory | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
/

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Prince Volume of a Sphere?

Posts: 10797 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What, is it already taken?

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Not too many years ago, I worked with a woman named Ronnie (short for Veronica). She was in her 50s and too old to be bothered with all of this woke bullshit, but folks who didn't know her and only ever corresponded with her via email would often refer to her in the masculine. It didn't bother her. She didn't feel micro-aggressed, or even aggressed. She never added pronouns to her email.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16258 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poontang, Trump Won

** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone

Posts: 638 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My solution is just to call everyone "asshole", since it is standard equipment for all sexes. JHMO, YMMV.

Posts: 488 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glynn863:
My solution is just to call everyone "asshole", since it is standard equipment for all sexes. JHMO, YMMV.

Nuh uh. According to official DPRK government documents, Kim Jong-Un does not have an asshole because he works so hard he absorbs the energy and has no need for one. <- paraphrasing from the movie The Interview

** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone

Posts: 638 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post