SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Pronouns
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pronouns Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
So we got an e-mail at work encouraging us all to use preferred pronouns in the signature lines of our e-mails.
I wouldn't repond to this nonsense, nor would I follow their "encouragement".

The thing that gets me is that 99 or more percent of people know this is all nothing but pure bullshit, but so many go along with it.

Ordinarily I wouldn't have responded. feeling ornery I decided a ridiculous request needed a ridiculous response.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
King Yertle, Lord Ruler of the Visible

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I caught a Dennis Prager interview with Karol Markowicz, one of the authors of
Stolen Youth: How Radicals Are Erasing Innocence and Indoctrinating a Generation

At one point in the interview when she addressed the question about what to do if a teen is asked to list their pronouns for a teacher she suggested changing them everyday, and insist the teacher use that day's pronouns.

Strikes me as a good strategy for work too... and if you have a few like-minded co-workers and are creative, could make for some fun times. Wink

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skywag
posted Hide Post
My pronouns are:

EAT/SHIT

Posts: 174 | Location: United States | Registered: January 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

none

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't play those games . At my age I don't have too , and it's a good thing .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have one of those pronoun things. I'm not willing to do some of the things required to claim a pronoun.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Fuck Around / Find Out

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Jeff Dunham and Walter the cranky hilarious old man puppet will do a skit about this. Big Grin

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

I LOL'ed

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I go by my Indian name “Chris two beers”

Does that count?

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Dad/Daddy/Paterfamilas

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Funnily enough, I don't recall speaking with any students whose preferred pronouns different from the apparent biological sex, thus rendering the whole exercise pointless. But I'm sure it made someone, somewhere, feel good about themselves.

Among other things, this practical reality is one of my sore spots on this. 99% of us go by the pronouns sensible people would expect. I know the woke want to express "solidarity" and not exclude the few who want a non-standard pronoun, but it is a poor sort of solidarity, and when your minority is that small . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post