SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Medicare Wellness Visits
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medicare Wellness Visits Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The folks that call are nothing more than telemarketers. My standard response is, "No, Mom said don't talk to strangers." They get as pushy as a used car salesman at times. (no offense to any here)

Posts: 794 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wellness visits simply replaced my annual physical. Same doctor, same office, all questions medical related. Not a big deal.

Posts: 17267 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
My wife got her call yesterday. She let it go to voicemail and ignored it.

To elaborate on the call I received, when the caller said they gather health information I told her “Any information that Blue Cross needs is available to them by consulting my health care providers.”

Screw them.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8410 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
My doc has a sign saying that the wellness check cannot include a bunch of things and cannot piggyback on top of a regular visit. It has to be scheduled separately. So I can't do my regular comprehensive annual checkup and have some of it covered under the wellness check.

Which means I don't need the Medicare wellness check, as my doc already does everything and then more already.

Posts: 9764 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d take the annual over the wellness check for sure.

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2149 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
My doc has a sign saying that the wellness check cannot include a bunch of things and cannot piggyback on top of a regular visit. It has to be scheduled separately. So I can't do my regular comprehensive annual checkup and have some of it covered under the wellness check.

Which means I don't need the Medicare wellness check, as my doc already does everything and then more already.

My Cardiologist/PCP is thirty some miles from me one way. Because of all the road construction regardless of the time I can count on at least one hour drive time each way. Bad part, that’s either taking the expressway and five miles of surface streets or all surface streets (Thanks “Fix the damn roads” Whitmer, half of S/E Michigan is under detour I think)

Im not scheduling an additional trip for that happy pony poo they call a Wellness Visit.

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8410 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
My wellness visits simply replaced my annual physical. Same doctor, same office, all questions medical related. Not a big deal.

Same for me.

Posts: 16030 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

Same for me.

Ditto.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9512 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Medicare's Wellness Visits serve only one purpose - data collection by Medicare.

Posts: 9310 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
During your visit, you will be asked to fill out a questionnaire called a Health Risk Assessment. Your responses will help your provider gain a better understanding of your current health and your risk factors. The appointment may also include:

Recording of height, weight, body mass index (BMI), blood pressure, and other routine measurements
Review of your medical and family history
Review of your current health care providers and any prescriptions, vitamins, and/or supplements you’re taking
Creation of a health screening schedule for the next 5-10 years based on your age, family history, and unique risk factors
Review of functional ability (your ability to perform everyday tasks on your own) and safety (first visit only)
Creation of a list of risk factors/conditions along with recommendations/treatment options
Discussion of advance care planning (care you would receive if you could not speak for yourself)
Personalized health advice and referrals for issues such as weight management, falls prevention, diet and nutrition, and smoking cessation
I was also asked "Do you have an advanced healthcare directive?" Much of Medicare's expenses are for terminally ill/end-of-life people. If you have an AHD with DNR, etc., Medicare wants to know - it's all about the money.

Posts: 9310 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of concern over data collection. In truth, the government knows everything about you way before you hit medicare age.

Posts: 17267 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s more the issues of privacy and the assumption by the company performing this “service” that they being “paraprofessionals” will know me better in a one hour visit than my board certified Cardiologist that literally saved my life twenty six years ago.

I trust my life to him and now one of my adult daughters is also seeing him as a precaution due to the “family curse” of cardiovascular disease.

posted Hide Post
Btw the money goes to the hospital and not the doctor. The questions are similar to the questionare you would find in a Ladies magazine.

Posts: 17578 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Btw the money goes to the hospital and not the doctor.
Confused How does this work? My Primary Care doc has a stand-alone practice. He does not work for a hospital.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THE DOCTOR OR THE PRACTICE IF HE BELONGS TO ONE

Posts: 17578 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get these calls constantly from my Medicare UHC Advantage plan. I have my Iphone setting on “silence unknown callers” which sends calls not in my directory to voice mail without ringing the phone. Yet, they often get through, despite not being in my directory list, and ring the phone and are not routed to voice mail.

How do these calls get through?

Are certain companies able to utilize a bypass code through some kind of exception? Perhaps by identifying as a medical provider?

If so, I didn’t know there was such a thing.

Anyone know?

Posts: 1623 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, my “Aussie assistant” voice announcement said “Unknown Caller” but the caller ID said Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

I wondered about that too.

posted Hide Post
The only wellness check I've ever had was for a life insurance policy we were getting . I've never heard a peep out of Medicare .

Posts: 4294 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When they call us it always goes to voice mail which we never respond to. No problems so far.

Posts: 64 | Registered: April 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post